A Dog's Purpose (for dog lovers)

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Hey be careful with those frogs. I didn't know this until a year ago, but sometimes toads can be harmful to dogs if the dog puts one in their mouth. Toads at least. We had some friends over last year. The dogs were playing in the back yard. One of them must have licked a toad or something and started foaming at the mouth. We rinsed it out with water and all was well but Ash did some research and some toad/frog skin is like poison to a dog's mouth.
Eeeck. I see that as being a hard habit for this dog to break.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Chris, serious question, why is Cyeah not banned for his post? I have never seen anything so intentionally offensive and ignorant on this site in my life.

Because he was talking about a dog. You know, an animal, just like cows, pigs, and chickens that most of us eat after they have been killed and cooked for us? I can't say what he posted wasn't somewhat shocking to me as well, however hardly worth being banned for.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Because he was talking about a dog. You know, an animal, just like cows, pigs, and chickens that most of us eat after they have been killed and cooked for us? I can't say what he posted wasn't somewhat shocking to me as well, however hardly worth being banned for.

BAN THIS GUY TOO!

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I have a black lab, she just turned 13 a couple weeks ago. We pretty much have her on "end of life" care right now. She has arthritis and has a hard time getting up when she's sitting or laying down. Can't take her for walks anymore either or you carry her home. But she still seems happy, and doesn't seem to be in a lot of pain. I know the day's coming though. I figure, someday I'm going to have some arthritis problems (already do) and have to take medicine, etc. Just as soon my kids didn't put me down.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
Hmmm...I'm not a huge "weiner" dog guy. My in-laws had a mini-dachshund that we unfortunately had to put down earlier this year. A very sweet dog, so I'd go with that.

I'm more into big dogs. Golden retrievers are my favorite. I have a one-year old right now who besides my wife is the love of my life. Honestly, I'll probably own goldens for the rest of my life. She is fantastic. She's the most loyal dog I've ever seen. Wife wants to turn her into a therapy dog...She's pretty hyper still so we'll see how that goes. :cool:

Our golden just turned 5, and well, she's still a little wild sometimes. I think she will always love chasing tennis balls and the frisbee. Couldn't ask for a better dog though. Definitely getting myself a golden when I'm done with college.

MelMel

Oct 24, 2009

First off no one was talking to you, secondly flaming is prohibited on the site. It's not surprising you aren't smart enough to figure this out considering you are too stupid to distinguish between killing an animal for food and killing a pet for no reason.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
First off no one was talking to you, secondly flaming is prohibited on the site. It's not surprising you aren't smart enough to figure this out considering you are too stupid to distinguish between killing an animal for food and killing a pet for no reason.
He's killing the pet because it won't fetch dead animals for him anymore.

Reactions: wonkadog

CloneFan319

Aug 18, 2010
Iowa
Whats not to love?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40lOayS1jtE]Peanut our Golden Retriever puppy told to "Leave It" - YouTube[/ame]

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA

pets = animals
& in some cultures...
dog = tasty

Please explain how to resolve this discrepancy.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Lol, cyeah getting super serious with me.

cZEUd.png