49er's - Cowboys

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
When I (very stupidly) ventured onto the interwebz to chat NFL football after Brock started this run...I was told by what seemed like 99% of fans that Dak and Hurts were a billion times better than Purdy could ever possibly be and the Cowboys and Eagles would both blow out the 49ers very easily.

I pointed out to some of them that Purdy actually played against Hurts not long ago...they pointed out the experience and I said "Yeah he was a freshman then and Hurts was a senior, same experience difference and Brock outproduced him".

I've since learned it's because Eagles and Cowboys fans are world class dbags rather than representing all NFL football fans. I've yet to see Chiefs/Mahomes fans make similar claims for example.
I am a Cowboys fan and I will be the first to agree that there are a lot of Cowboys fans I do not want to be associated with. You'll get that when you have a huge national (bandwagon) fanbase. As far as the Eagles fans go? Philly - do I need to say more?

But as far as Chiefs fans go, you obviously don't know some of the Chiefs fans I know. Some of wife's family live in KC and they can't name half of the players and have never been to a game but that doesn't stop them from talking some ridiculous smack and making outrageous claims about their team. It is fitting that they are KU BB fans too but I'm pretty sure they couldn't name 5 players on that team on any year.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Are there actually still nationwide Cowboys tshirt fans?

I mean I figured that died a few decades ago.
There is a large contingent of Cowboys fans at pretty much every road stadium hosting a Cowboys game if there are tickets to be found. They are still everywhere.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Espn in shock this morning that Dak struggled. Some guys like Dak, Cousins, Garapalo are good Qbs but they'll never have what it takes to win when it matters. They jsut don't have the intangibles like guys like Burrow.

No mention of 49ers having 2nd best defense either, all about how bad Dak is.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
There is a large contingent of Cowboys fans at pretty much every road stadium hosting a Cowboys game if there are tickets to be found. They are still everywhere.
Better than Hok fans. They go to random games with their tiger hok outfits they got from Walmart.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
The Niners cowboy game thread on Surly horns is pretty funny I just read every 5th page, They sure hated losing to Purdy both in college and the pros. LOLOLOLOLOLOL. Purdy wasn't any good blah,blah,blah, then by the end of the thread some compare Dak to K. Cousins good but can't really win when it counts.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
The anti-Brock sentiment is crazy to me. I had Iowa fan buddies of mine texting me about how bad he was playing, and early on it was all over TikTok.

I thought he played great. He hit receivers when he needed to, converted 3rd downs and avoided the big mistake. The plays that may have appeared head-scratchers were actually just getting them out of bad plays. Shanahan called some kind of bizarre plays and he had to just eat a loss or a loss of down.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
The anti-Brock sentiment is crazy to me. I had Iowa fan buddies of mine texting me about how bad he was playing, and early on it was all over TikTok.

I thought he played great. He hit receivers when he needed to, converted 3rd downs and avoided the big mistake. The plays that may have appeared head-scratchers were actually just getting them out of bad plays. Shanahan called some kind of bizarre plays and he had to just eat a loss or a loss of down.

Sure appeared to be the difference in the game.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Purdys stat line was really good for how the game was going. He's still a freaking rookie. I feel like his critics are holding him to an unreal standard. Hell Burrow didn't play all that well against the Ravens

Reactions: jsb and aauummm

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Espn in shock this morning that Dak struggled. Some guys like Dak, Cousins, Garapalo are good Qbs but they'll never have what it takes to win when it matters. They jsut don't have the intangibles like guys like Burrow.

No mention of 49ers having 2nd best defense either, all about how bad Dak is.

Being in DFW and going to the Cowboys games I've screamed about how bad Dak is from his first start. Dak does not go through his reads, and always looks to the side of the field where he's going to throw (incapable of looking-off his passes). Safeties are always able to bite early because they know which side of the field he's throwing to. Dak sucks.

• Winner
Reactions: flycy and aauummm

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Purdys stat line was really good for how the game was going. He's still a freaking rookie. I feel like his critics are holding him to an unreal standard. Hell Burrow didn't play all that well against the Ravens
The standard is winning every start which is tough.

Reactions: Cyismymonkey