49er's - Cowboys

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Dallas defense was playing well and Brock still put up solid numbers and made some great throws. San Frans offense is all about using the run to setup the pass and the run got stuffed for awhile and Dallas has a good pass rush and Brock still did enough to give them a lead until they were finally able to get the run going.

Reactions: NWICY

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Philly's offense is much better than Dallas',
Lol, they averaged .6 ppg better than Dallas all year. Both offenses are elite, Hurts is just a little more dynamic with his rushing ability. Losing Pollard hurt Dallas alot more than people think also, he was their most explosive player.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I shake my head at all the people who say Brock is just being asked to manage the game. Brock threw for more yards than Dak did, so were the Cowboys also asking Dak to not do too much last night?

If the 49ers want to get to the Super Bowl, they have to let Brock be aggressive like they have all season, and I'm sure they will.
They were definitely limiting the number of throws Purdy made and where they let him go. Just because Dak is a $40 million mistake, it has nothing to do with Brock. The OL has having a lot of trouble with the Dallas rush, so that may have played into the play calling.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Dallas defense was playing well and Brock still put up solid numbers and made some great throws. San Frans offense is all about using the run to setup the pass and the run got stuffed for awhile and Dallas has a good pass rush and Brock still did enough to give them a lead until they were finally able to get the run going.

Their backfield has insane depth. A great fullback who is an all around player, a very good traditional running back who would be featured back on many teams, and two guys who could be pro bowlers as rbs or slot receivers because they're equally good in either role.

Reactions: Kinch

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Being in DFW and going to the Cowboys games I've screamed about how bad Dak is from his first start. Dak does not go through his reads, and always looks to the side of the field where he's going to throw (incapable of looking-off his passes). Safeties are always able to bite early because they know which side of the field he's throwing to. Dak sucks.
Remember, Dak was great his rookie season like Brock. The problem is, he never improved or learned more about the game. I have a feeling Purdy won't make that mistake. Dak isn't bad, but he has got to be one of the most overpaid quarterbacks. Just a turnover machine.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
I would debate that. Given how poorly his line was protecting and how ineffective they were running the ball for most of the game, I think Brock played outstanding!
His time at Iowa State prepared him well for that line play. :)

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
They were definitely limiting the number of throws Purdy made and where they let him go. Just because Dak is a $40 million mistake, it has nothing to do with Brock. The OL has having a lot of trouble with the Dallas rush, so that may have played into the play calling.
Dallas has the #1 pass rush in the NFL, so the 49ers knew they had to run the ball to be successful. They would have had the same game plan if Joe Montana was their QB.

In spite of this, they still had Brock throw on 48% of their plays. Given these circumstances, I'd say that shows they had tremendous confidence in Purdy.

Reactions: Kinch

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Dallas has the #1 pass rush in the NFL, so the 49ers knew they had to run the ball to be successful. They would have had the same game plan if Joe Montana was their QB.

In spite of this, they still had Brock throw on 48% of their plays. Given these circumstances, I'd say that shows they had tremendous confidence in Purdy.
Jimmy G would have been sacked at least twice as many times with how San Fran's line played. Purdy had to scramble around just so he could throw it away.

• Agree
Reactions: Kinch and cdface

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron