49ers - Brock Purdy - Still and Always #1

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
People complain, but they scored 30 and beat a pretty good team. And he hasn't lost a start yet other than the NFC championship when he got hurt. I'll stand by my opinion that the haters are going to come out of the woodwork once Purdy starts to struggle. They're already doing it when he's not perfect.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
People complain, but they scored 30 and beat a pretty good team. And he hasn't lost a start yet other than the NFC championship when he got hurt. I'll stand by my opinion that the haters are going to come out of the woodwork once Purdy starts to struggle. They're already doing it when he's not perfect.

Yeah, that's a guarantee. There's a bunch of people ready to pounce when that bad game eventually happens at some point.

Reactions: Frak

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Not sure looking tough is the angle I would have chosen for Purdy in a commercial, but he's getting paid so that's all that matters.

He can't help it he's still got a baby face. But that probably helps him with endorsements, weirdly.

If all he gets is that sweet Niner red Tacoma out of the deal it's worth it IMO.

Reactions: mramseyISU

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Not sure looking tough is the angle I would have chosen for Purdy in a commercial, but he's getting paid so that's all that matters.

I literally have no idea what kind of payment he gets for that, being a regional commercial. Does seem to have big time production value. Anyone have a decent guess what that payday might be for him?

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
I literally have no idea what kind of payment he gets for that, being a regional commercial. Does seem to have big time production value.

I shot a spot with Mike Ditka and Jerry Rice, and they both were paid 150K for 2 days of work, where we literally fed lines to both of them, had Jerry use a riding lawnmower to ride over a Cowboy logo made of flowers etc. Not hard work by any stretch of the imagination.

For this Purdy spot the car footage was shot separately and is footage Toyota can pull in for any montage car spot they want to make this year. For the simple outside/inside the gym shots, there's no FX, intricate lighting package or radical camera movement, so it was done relatively on the cheap.

I'd guess Purdy was paid 50-75K for 1 day of work here.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I shot a spot with Mike Ditka and Jerry Rice, and they both were paid 150K for 2 days of work, where we literally fed lines to both of them, had Jerry use a riding lawnmower to ride over a Cowboy logo made of flowers etc. Not hard work by any stretch of the imagination.

For this Purdy spot the car footage was shot separately and is footage Toyota can pull in for any montage car spot they want to make this year. For the simple outside/inside the gym shots, there's no FX, intricate lighting package or radical camera movement, so it was done relatively on the cheap.

I'd guess Purdy was paid 50-75K for 1 day of work here.

Living in Chicago from 02-15 a hobby of mine was following all of ditka’s various endorsements and money making schemes.

I could be imagining this but I think there were Ditka pickles and giardinara.

• Funny
Reactions: helechopper

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
They can't do anything with his rookie contract until after the 3rd year. That's in the CBA for drafted rookie contracts.

Similarly, he can't request any extensions until after the 3rd year.
I've just assumed that if things continue to play out as they have the team will be working on a deal to extend Brock at the end of next season.