2024-2025 Wrestling Lineup Projection

Cyclonewrestlingfan2022

May 30, 2023
What are your guys thoughts on Rojas. I talked to him in Tulsa. Great guy I think has talent. Will he be able to get us a points? I watched a couple of his matches and he just seems ok but nothing blows me out of the water.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
What are your guys thoughts on Rojas. I talked to him in Tulsa. Great guy I think has talent. Will he be able to get us a points? I watched a couple of his matches and he just seems ok but nothing blows me out of the water.
It looks like he still needs to adjust to college wrestling, I hope some time off the mat helps his wrestling IQ. He needs to be at 165 but he struggles finishing shots from what I’ve seen. Has some decent defense and needs to get better in wrestling positions.

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
It looks like he still needs to adjust to college wrestling, I hope some time off the mat helps his wrestling IQ. He needs to be at 165 but he struggles finishing shots from what I’ve seen. Has some decent defense and needs to get better in wrestling positions.
Edit: he's not very good at the moment

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Speaking of medical redshirt years. Jacob Frost only wrestling a handful of matches this year - 3 dates and only 2 D1 kids, a couple NAIA kids. I wouldn't be surprised if down the line he gets awarded a medical year for this year. Brands got a medical year and will be back next year I see, his 7th year in college.
How does Brands not have this year burned like Paniro did?

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
Here's my prediction without transfers/injuries changing the lineup and some thoughts/options

125: Kysen (if he uses Covid yr)/Perryman (if he jumps level and/or Kysen doesn't return)
133: E. Frost
141: J. Frost (I would love to see a wrestle off between Ech & J Frost)
149: Ech (high AA) (Paniro and Casey both have Redshirts)
157: Cody Chittum (unless one of the 49 guys bumps up)
165: Rojas or Euton (unless Cody bumps up---I have no idea on this weight)
174: MJ
184: Naak/Helgeson (Naak seams talented but he falled off as the match went deep. Helgeson is the opposite and finishes strong)
197: Nando - looked great against Cleveland State when he MD #24 ranked opponent (I expect him to continue to improve)
Hwt: Yonger

Get pumped up for next year!!!! Overall this lineup is full of aggressive top level guys. We will have some hammers taking redshirts or being backups assuming Dresser can figure out how to delete the betting apps off the phones and get Kysen to check in with his probation officer (too soon? ;)

Last edited:

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
125 - Ayala
133 - Frost
141 - Echemindia
149 - Paniro
157 - Swiderski
165 - Gaitan
174 - Starocci
184 - Naak
197 - transfer unknown
285 - Bastida

2nd place team trophy
This team would beat PSU imo... That said I think Ayala/Star would be crazy to transfer (well, maybe not Ayala lol)

Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

Matrat189

Aug 17, 2022
I am excited to see Nate Schon in the lineup at 197 lbs as he was a top recruit and impressed with his performance up at heavyweight during the Soldier Salute event.
With his impressive background as a top recruit and a strong showing at heavyweight during the Soldier Salute event, I believe Nate Schon has the potential to be a real factor in the 197 lbs lineup. His skills, adaptability, and past performances suggest that he has what it takes to compete at a high level and make a significant impact on the collegiate wrestling scene.
Given his promising start, there is a strong possibility that Nate Schon could not only excel but also emerge as an All-American contender in his weight class.

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
I am excited to see Nate Schon in the lineup at 197 lbs as he was a top recruit and impressed with his performance up at heavyweight during the Soldier Salute event.
With his impressive background as a top recruit and a strong showing at heavyweight during the Soldier Salute event, I believe Nate Schon has the potential to be a real factor in the 197 lbs lineup. His skills, adaptability, and past performances suggest that he has what it takes to compete at a high level and make a significant impact on the collegiate wrestling scene.
Given his promising start, there is a strong possibility that Nate Schon could not only excel but also emerge as an All-American contender in his weight class.
Why does this read like it was written by AI?

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Oklahoma state is going to be problems next year. They have a loaded line up of talent coming back, but they are falling short at Nationals to get on the podium. Should make for an exciting season battling them

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
Oklahoma state is going to be problems next year. They have a loaded line up of talent coming back, but they are falling short at Nationals to get on the podium. Should make for an exciting season battling them
Take out a bunch of Ferrari’s and your program gets better. Who’d a thunk that?!?!?!

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Big 12 is in great shape for 2024.

OSU will be tough, Mizzou returns a good chunk (and rumors of Hendrickson there), SDSU looks like they will be a factor for years, UNI should have a really tough lineup. WVU seems like they are rising. Also seems like OU can only improve from this past year.

Then you add in an Arizona State team that looked tough at NCAAs.

Not even mentioning that team in Ames that looks primed to compete.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Falling short at Nationals is kind of a normal theme for them lately. They did have a very good dual season and were pretty consistent.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Big 12 is in great shape for 2024.

OSU will be tough, Mizzou returns a good chunk (and rumors of Hendrickson there), SDSU looks like they will be a factor for years, UNI should have a really tough lineup. WVU seems like they are rising. Also seems like OU can only improve from this past year.

Then you add in an Arizona State team that looked tough at NCAAs.

Not even mentioning that team in Ames that looks primed to compete.
Big12 is in great shape and going to be a lot of fun to watch. Adam Hall will make Utah Valley at least respectable I think as well. The Big12 is going to have some heavy hitters next year though

Cyclonewrestlingfan2022

May 30, 2023
Love seeing the big 12 be back though. I’m tired of Shane sparks blowing big 10 ****. He does a good job but still **** the big 10