2024-2025 Wrestling Lineup Projection

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Without the addition of any transfers (yes I know that we will get some) this is what we’re looking at by weight (not by name necessarily).

125 - qualifying caliber, maybe win a couple matches.

133 - if Frost can make 133 again I feel like he has a great shot at AA’ng again. His style has a very high floor.

141 - if Ech goes, high AA/champ. If it ends up being another 141 in the room I still think it’s qualifying caliber, even low AA potential.

149 - AA caliber

157 - AA caliber

165 - not sure here. Probably qualifying caliber?

174 - AA caliber

184 - feels like Naak could be a qualifier if he gets stronger this offseason.

197 - no idea

285 - high AA/champ contender.

Reactions: 4theheckofit

ISU_Cyclones

May 9, 2018
125: Kysen/transfer
133: little frost
141: big frost/transfer
149: Johnson/echemendia
157: chittum/swiderski
165: Rojas/transfer
174: gaitan
184: naakteboren/transfer
197: Villescusa/bartlet/transfer
285: bastida

Hard to know what those guys behind David are looking like but plenty of holes to fill with the transfer portal. I would guess order of priority is 165, 125, 184, 197, 141

iastatefan1

Jan 24, 2016
Reinieri (sp?) was in the room and of course couldn't get eligible. Is that a no forever or a no for last year?

crooksie_26

Mar 24, 2006
We also have Garrett Grice in the room for 133/141, he had some mixed results this year, but has talent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyguy1994

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
125 - Kysen, Perryman, transfer
133 - Grice, a Frost, if one can get there, transfer
141 - a Frost, Redding
149 - Ech, Paniro, Swid
157 - Chittum, Paniro, Swid
165 - Rojas, Euton, transfer
174 - MJ
184 - Naak, Helgeson, Nando?
197 - Nando, Helgeson, Schon, transfer
285 - Yonger

Personally, I'd love to see what Schon could do at 197. I've always been impressed with his athleticism, and I feel like he's the kind of guy that would thrive in front of a crowd.

Bulk MJ, all the way.

I really like both Rojas and Euton at 165, but I wouldn't turn down a transfer.

If Swiderski's knee is surgery-worthy, can he get a med redshirt next season? Or does the injury have to happen in the season? I know he has a normal redshirt to burn, but figure it's worth keeping every option open with his brutal style.
With all our great options around the 149/157 range, I can see having one or both of Casey and Cody redshirt and focus on strength and technique. I love both of them and feel they have pretty big ceilings. A focused year off could really elevate those two.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
125 - Kysen, Perryman, transfer
133 - Grice, a Frost, if one can get there, transfer
141 - a Frost, Redding
149 - Ech, Paniro, Swid
157 - Chittum, Paniro, Swid
165 - Rojas, Euton, transfer
174 - MJ
184 - Naak, Helgeson, Nando?
197 - Nando, Helgeson, Schon, transfer
285 - Yonger

Personally, I'd love to see what Schon could do at 197. I've always been impressed with his athleticism, and I feel like he's the kind of guy that would thrive in front of a crowd.

Bulk MJ, all the way.

I really like both Rojas and Euton at 165, but I wouldn't turn down a transfer.

If Swiderski's knee is surgery-worthy, can he get a med redshirt next season? Or does the injury have to happen in the season? I know he has a normal redshirt to burn, but figure it's worth keeping every option open with his brutal style.
With all our great options around the 149/157 range, I can see having one or both of Casey and Cody redshirt and focus on strength and technique. I love both of them and feel they have pretty big ceilings. A focused year off could really elevate those two.
For Casey, if you have a redshirt available, you wouldn't qualify for a medical redshirt that year. I believe medical redshirts are only granted if you miss a season of eligibility plus have already utilized your redshirt in a different year.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
For Casey, if you have a redshirt available, you wouldn't qualify for a medical redshirt that year. I believe medical redshirts are only granted if you miss a season of eligibility plus have already utilized your redshirt in a different year.
Basically Symantecs, he can redshirt next year.

Reactions: stuclone

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
And they are handed out retroactively based on a percentage of a season wrestled and if a redshirt was ever used. Different factors involved in their decision making

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Speaking of medical redshirt years. Jacob Frost only wrestling a handful of matches this year - 3 dates and only 2 D1 kids, a couple NAIA kids. I wouldn't be surprised if down the line he gets awarded a medical year for this year. Brands got a medical year and will be back next year I see, his 7th year in college.

G-imJustafan

Sep 9, 2022
Speaking of medical redshirt years. Jacob Frost only wrestling a handful of matches this year - 3 dates and only 2 D1 kids, a couple NAIA kids. I wouldn't be surprised if down the line he gets awarded a medical year for this year. Brands got a medical year and will be back next year I see, his 7th year in college.
why would he ( J frost) get a medical in a few years -

brands 7th year - he did get sidelined with the gambling but he is
• Majoring in sport and recreation management (coaching & sport instruction)
that takes 7 years -
paging Dr Brands, Paging Dr Brands

• Haha
Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

cywr89

May 14, 2009
why would he ( J frost) get a medical in a few years -

brands 7th year - he did get sidelined with the gambling but he is
• Majoring in sport and recreation management (coaching & sport instruction)
that takes 7 years -
paging Dr Brands, Paging Dr Brands
Generally, if you get hurt in the 1st 20-25% of the season and do not wrestle afterwards there is a good chance of getting a medical RS. We may have a few guys that will eligible including: Grice, Jacob, Rojas, and Villaescusa.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Generally, if you get hurt in the 1st 20-25% of the season and do not wrestle afterwards there is a good chance of getting a medical RS. We may have a few guys that will eligible including: Grice, Jacob, Rojas, and Villaescusa.
Yeah I thought about Rojas too. Coaches are getting smarter and letting guys recover and get minor surgeries to heal up. Jacob’s season was a short time in the first semester and then it was over. Manny only wrestled the Grandview open so I’m sure he will have a medical year if he wants it as well. I like the option these guys are getting to let their bodies heal and recover. This sport is brutal

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron