***2023-24 College Football Thread***

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I remember being in an Orlando hotel room watching ISU miss a FG against Mizzou that would have sent them to the Big 12 CCG, so that’s at least in the ballpark

Yep. I still remember that game. It was basically an extra point too; something like a 24-yard attempt.

I will always appreciate Dan McCarney and his passion for ISU, and I like that he's still coming back to Ames. But there is a petty kernel of a seed inside of me that will never forgive him for recruiting 6th-string tight ends instead of using a scholarship on a halfway decent kicker during his tenure in Ames.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
And according to Emmanual Acho, OSU winning was bad for the Big 12. Get lost you SEC loser.

Acho is a Texas guy. And beating OU would do more for Texas than beating OSU for getting to the CFP. So I would assume that’s really his reasoning, not what’s best for the conference. Cause, yes this year it would be best for UT to get to the CFP. But that’s not what’s best for the conference long term.

• Agree
Reactions: Marcelason78

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
This is a great CFB Weekend but also a depressing one. Last full slate of games....season goes by too quick. Long time till next Fall.

Reactions: BigCyFan and Jer

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Acho is a Texas guy. And beating OU would do more for Texas than beating OSU for getting to the CFP. So I would assume that’s really his reasoning, not what’s best for the conference. Cause, yes this year it would be best for UT to get to the CFP. But that’s not what’s best for the conference long term.
I don’t see much of a path for Texas regardless of who they beat in the CCG, unless FSU stumbles. If Georgia, Washington, Michigan, and FSU take care of business, it’s done. If Bama beats Georgia, they’re both in. If Oregon beats Washington, they’re in. Texas would need FSU to lose; then you measure their 12-1 against Washington (if they’re 12-1), and 11-1 Ohio State (and I think Texas gets in then) … I don’t think their opponent in the CCG makes a lick of difference

• Winner
Reactions: clonehome

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I don’t see much of a path for Texas regardless of who they beat in the CCG, unless FSU stumbles. If Georgia, Washington, Michigan, and FSU take care of business, it’s done. If Bama beats Georgia, they’re both in. If Oregon beats Washington, they’re in. Texas would need FSU to lose; then you measure their 12-1 against Washington (if they’re 12-1), and 11-1 Ohio State (and I think Texas gets in then) … I don’t think their opponent in the CCG makes a lick of difference

I don’t see how the committee can pass over a conference champ this year to get two in one conference. So the way that Texas has a chance is is FSU stumbles against Louisville. I think that’s the only path, but I don’t think it really matters elsewhere if that happens. I think the only way chaos happens is if two of Iowa, OSU, and Louisville win. Then things may be crazy, but I think it’s the conference champs with FSU having the edge over UT for the last spot.

If Bama wins, Georgia is out. Their schedule wasn’t impressive enough to warrant inclusion.