NBA: 2022 NBA offseason

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Ideally you want a star at the 4th pick, sure, but you can only pick from who's available. If you aren't high on Ivey, who do you think is the potential star that they should have taken? They could take a shot on Sharpe or Dieng, but there's a much higher chance those guys bust too.

I think you're way too low on Keegan, I expect him to put up 12/6 next year, in his prime I think he's closer to a 20/8 type of guy. There's not a lot of guys that can put up 23/9 in a big time conference and do it in a way that translates to the NBA.

I also don't think the Kings are trying to win an NBA title right now, they just want to make the playoffs. Adding another NBA quality starter who is ready to play big minutes next year gets them in the playoff race a lot closer than a project. Even if he comes with a lower ceiling.

You think Keegan Murray is a 20/9 guy?

There were 27 guys avg 20 or more per game last yr in NBA and of those 6 avg 9 rebounds or more. 3 more were 20/8 for a total of 9 guys.

This might be the worst / most ignorant take I have seen on this Message Board in a very long time. And the ignorance flows freely in this place

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Ideally you want a star at the 4th pick, sure, but you can only pick from who's available. If you aren't high on Ivey, who do you think is the potential star that they should have taken? They could take a shot on Sharpe or Dieng, but there's a much higher chance those guys bust too.

I think you're way too low on Keegan, I expect him to put up 12/6 next year, in his prime I think he's closer to a 20/8 type of guy. There's not a lot of guys that can put up 23/9 in a big time conference and do it in a way that translates to the NBA.

I also don't think the Kings are trying to win an NBA title right now, they just want to make the playoffs. Adding another NBA quality starter who is ready to play big minutes next year gets them in the playoff race a lot closer than a project. Even if he comes with a lower ceiling.
Appreciate your thoughts, I am excited to see it play out

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I hate to even get this started but how do any of the upper first round guys have a higher possibility of being a bust then Murray?

It's pretty damn equal.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I would recommend checking out the Bill Simmons 4 part nba draft podcasts.

Especially part 4 as around the 30 minute mark they talk very highly of Haliburton. They talk about how dumb Phoenix was to pass on him. Russillo talks about how in things he has seen from Haliburton that he seems like a very friendly and team first guy. I was listening and said to myself yep that is him to a tee.

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
Kings in my opinion screwed up again like they usually do. It’s not a problem with picking Keegan because he’s a fine player but they didn’t need to take him at 4. Trade down to 5 or 6 and get an asset. Pistons were dead set on Ivey and you handed him to them for nothing.

Also I think Tyrese is gonna have a lot of fun with a player like Mathurin.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Kings in my opinion screwed up again like they usually do. It’s not a problem with picking Keegan because he’s a fine player but they didn’t need to take him at 4. Trade down to 5 or 6 and get an asset. Pistons were dead set on Ivey and you handed him to them for nothing.

Kings can't win. They either screw up the pick or do something good like getting a steal in Haliburton only to trade him away.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

The Kings being passive also let Detroit go big for Duren later on. They have to know the Pistons are rebuilding, rebuilding teams will make moves. Sacramento not getting that speaks volumes as to why they always find themselves in the lottery.

• Agree
Reactions: Kaner04

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
It's almost hard to believe the era of Bibby, Webber, Peja, Christie actually happened in Sacramento. They caught a brief moment of success and then bottomed out.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

If you look at it from the position that it’s going to be a tank battle between Sac, Houston, and OKC next year for the best lottery chances then drafting Murray #4 makes sense. Everyone wants Wembanyama. The only way to maximize a teams chances for that is to be the worst team in the league next season.

• Dumb
Reactions: CyJack13

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It's almost hard to believe the era of Bibby, Webber, Peja, Christie actually happened in Sacramento. They caught a brief moment of success and then bottomed out.

I remember watching them and watching Webber's game come full circle with his ability to pass and move without the ball.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Two different radio shows today have talked about Durant and the Suns. Weird.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Two different radio shows today have talked about Durant and the Suns. Weird.

I’ve seen a couple articles about “where could Durant go?” In the past couple days. CBS I think even had a full list with tiers and everything. Suns we’re #2 iirc.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
You think Keegan Murray is a 20/9 guy?

There were 27 guys avg 20 or more per game last yr in NBA and of those 6 avg 9 rebounds or more. 3 more were 20/8 for a total of 9 guys.

This might be the worst / most ignorant take I have seen on this Message Board in a very long time. And the ignorance flows freely in this place

I do think he can be that. And so do NBA teams, that’s why they draft a guy fourth.