NBA: 2022 NBA offseason

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Will be interesting to see how many teams will be "tanking" for this 7'4" kid this season:

Best prospect since LeBron. Already know the Spurs, Jazz, and Thunder will all be tanking for him, that list will surely grow as the season goes on and teams fall out of the playoff race too.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
There was speculation the Jazz were trading everyone away to get this kid. Will see if the lottery screws them.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Will Draymond Green ever stop being an a-hole?

Poole to me is the future of that franchise. Not sure I’d be pushing those buttons if I was a draymond green who is well on the downhill slope of my career.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Poole to me is the future of that franchise. Not sure I’d be pushing those buttons if I was a draymond green who is well on the downhill slope of my career.

Poole is not a franchise guy, he's a very good offensive player in a great system for him. He also would be unplayable with Steph if they didn't have Green in there too to clean up a lot of their defensive issues.

Kuminga is the guy to me, that if he really turns into something, could keep Golden St rolling for a while.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Poole is not a franchise guy, he's a very good offensive player in a great system for him. He also would be unplayable with Steph if they didn't have Green in there too to clean up a lot of their defensive issues.

Kuminga is the guy to me, that if he really turns into something, could keep Golden St rolling for a while.
Yeah I don’t disagree with you about kuminga and my argument was a little off. I guess what I was trying to say is at this point in their careers (the rest of the team staying the same- kuminga, Wiggins, Thompson, curry, Payton, etc), who would you get rid of if you were the warriors? A 23 year old Poole who is a huge offensive weapon and produces nearly as much as Curry but is 11 years younger, or an aging Draymond Green who struggles to produce (even defensively- seemed as though they relied more on Wiggins and Payton for defense the last playoffs) probably should hang it up sooner rather than later?

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Yeah I don’t disagree with you about kuminga and my argument was a little off. I guess what I was trying to say is at this point in their careers (the rest of the team staying the same- kuminga, Wiggins, Thompson, curry, Payton, etc), who would you get rid of if you were the warriors? A 23 year old Poole who is a huge offensive weapon and produces nearly as much as Curry but is 11 years younger, or an aging Draymond Green who struggles to produce (even defensively- seemed as though they relied more on Wiggins and Payton for defense the last playoffs) probably should hang it up sooner rather than later?

No doubt Draymond's defense has slipped from where it was in the 2015-18 range. I don't think this is a decision you can make just based on on-court production though, Draymond has been through all the battles with those guys. He's been the emotional leader of that team, he's set the tone for them for years. And what are you going to get in return for Green? He's one of those guys who is more valuable to the Warriors than anyone else.

He becomes more tradeable next year since it will be an expiring deal at that point and they could find another max player with a longer deal that a team is looking to move on from. The Warriors are so far over the cap that they need to make sure they keep these max slots otherwise they can't create another one.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I like the assistant coach that could see the punch coming but did nothing then just stood there.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Ppl downplay Draymonds antics as him " just being a competitor " but he's shown many times he's just a childish, violent bully. Sadly the culture of the nba seems to be normalizing these kinds of actions.

• Agree
Reactions: legi

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Ppl downplay Draymonds antics as him " just being a competitor " but he's shown many times he's just a childish, violent bully. Sadly the culture of the nba seems to be normalizing these kinds of actions.

Draymond is an asshat

• Agree
Reactions: legi