2021 Stock Market

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
GME sliding in after hours (-5% as I type this). This thing going to rise again tomorrow? I can buy and sell right now via my Schwab account.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Washington, DC
Update for @Tri4Cy --

Changed my sell to $999 for $GME.

Figured there would be a lot of jokers trying to sell at $1,000.

Gonna beat them to it when this thing pops.

• Haha
Reactions: Tri4Cy

Tri4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2012
Des Moines
Update for @Tri4Cy --

Changed my sell to $999 for $GME.

Figured there would be a lot of jokers trying to sell at $1,000.

Gonna beat them to it when this thing pops.
Go $998 to beat the people who think like you.
I tell my friends this all the time. Humans like "nice" numbers. Look at market "support" lines. It's almost never some completely random number based on valuations. It's often some nice pretty number that is a factor of 10. I try to avoid trades at those "pretty" numbers. If your selling on the down side, go up a couple bucks. If you're selling on the climb, go under a couple. If you look closely at some of these more volatile trades you'll often be able to pick out some volume spikes at those pretty numbers when peoples limit orders are triggered.

And I REALLY appreciate the update!

Reactions: Sigmapolis

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
I'm a little concerned that the $1.9T stimulus and the $1,400 checks aren't moving the market. The uptick in rates is making wall street very nervous. Biden might want to start talking about the $2T infrastructure deal...

BCClone

SuperFanatic
Sep 4, 2011
North Iowa
I'm a little concerned that the $1.9T stimulus and the $1,400 checks aren't moving the market. The uptick in rates is making wall street very nervous. Biden might want to start talking about the $2T infrastructure deal...
The 1.9 is what is moving the market now. Powell talked about inflation today and needing to raise rates. (That is what increasing the money supply does). That in turn moved the market down. Sooner or later the Fed will have to do something with interest rates and that is what has the market concern. We are above numbers from a year ago but still have high unemployment. If interest rates start going up, we could have a slight 70s look to our economy.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Washington, DC
The 1.9 is what is moving the market now. Powell talked about inflation today and needing to raise rates. (That is what increasing the money supply does). That in turn moved the market down. Sooner or later the Fed will have to do something with interest rates and that is what has the market concern. We are above numbers from a year ago but still have high unemployment. If interest rates start going up, we could have a slight 70s look to our economy.
You can only do so much in the long-term to disconnect consumption from the productive capacity of an economy. We're starting to explore those outer limits now. When you hit them, something has to give, either raising taxes, reducing spending, more inflation (which itself is more-or-less a tax), or higher interest rates (ditto).

One way or another, all bills come due.

• Winner
Reactions: BCClone

keepngoal

Why is the FBI contacting me?
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
AAPL under $120. I grabbed some more.

Reactions: bos

Fitzy

Sith Lord
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Some nice large cap opportunities now with the long-term in mind. TTD under $600 after getting close to four digits at the end of December. ETSY touched $250 on Tuesday and is now sitting at $184. ENPH was at $212 after Biden was sworn in and it's now at $134.