2021-22 Season: What Players Big 12 Teams are Losing, Returning, and Adding

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
He really wants to go pro and leaving a ASU program that is set for him to produce to get there. If he's not the focal point of the offense he could rebel. Adding two new guards to the back court and learning Self system isn't ideal and there is going to be some struggles. Locker room chemistry is a real thing and now everyone's expected roles are changing in late May especially the available minutes.
Self gets paid for to navigate these waters and I would have done the same but to say there isn't risk isn't accurate in my mind.
Self has to deal with major roster turnover every year. Every roster change, either a freshman recruit or a transfer, has risk. This isn't new.

No one's expected roles are being changed in late May because no one has expected roles in late May. Rosters won't be set until after the NBA Draft, same as every other KU season.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I wouldn't touch Martin with a ten foot pole. I'm surprised Self took him
BS. I am not buying that at all.

If Iowa State took him, you would be unhappy? He was one of the top transfer guards of the season.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
BS. I am not buying that at all.

If Iowa State took him, you would be unhappy? He was one of the top transfer guards of the season.
I was told as soon as he went into the portal TJ wouldn't be interested even if we had room from someone that would know so I'll trust TJ and others on this

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
TCU has a player transferring.

P.J. Fuller-6’4 So G-Transferred after the 2nd semester of the 2020-21 school year , 5.8 ppg/2.0 rpg/1.5 apg

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Sounds like former Iowa State player Jalen Coleman-Lands just committed to Kansas. Probably means that KU knows that Ochai Agbaji is staying in the draft as it puts us one over the scholarship limit.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Sounds like former Iowa State player Jalen Coleman-Lands just committed to Kansas. Probably means that KU knows that Ochai Agbaji is staying in the draft as it puts us one over the scholarship limit.

JCL has had quite the collegiate journey. I wonder if anyone else has played for 4 different schools?

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
To be honest, I hadn't really paid much attention to who contributed what for Iowa State last year. I hadn't noticed that this guy was a 14ppg guy that shot 40% form three and played 32 mpg. Sounds like he'll be more of a contributor to KU than I first thought. Interesting.

• Agree
Reactions: Peter

KCyclone2010

May 19, 2017
Not to beat a dead horse, but I would love a reporter to ask JCL next season what the biggest difference between a Self coached team and a Prohm coached team is. Still salty about how that man drove our program into the ground

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
To be honest, I hadn't really paid much attention to who contributed what for Iowa State last year. I hadn't noticed that this guy was a 14ppg guy that shot 40% form three and played 32 mpg. Sounds like he'll be more of a contributor to KU than I first thought. Interesting.
it's hard to notice those details when you get blown out every single game

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Otz taketh from Kansas, Otz giveth to Kansas

All's fair in love and the transfer game.
For the current state of each programs the "trade" makes sense for both sides. KU gets experienced bench depth at guard and ISU gets a high upside prospect who needs to play to realize the potential.

Good for JCL he deserves a chance to win. (except for the ISU games)