2009-2010 MBB, would Iowa beat Ames High?

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
hawksownurazz
9/11/2007
10:25 AM
(report inappropriate content)
I said it with Drew Tate and i will say it again with Jake C.....give the kid some confidence on the field and that confidence will over flow to the offensive linemen in turn flowing into the rest of the team......hell have no fury like a hwakeye with confidence!!!!!!!! look what Tate did his Junior year with his confidence from his sophomore year....yes injuries hampered his senior year but i guess when you are the LEADER of a team u r gonna end up being a target.....PAST IS PAST!!! All Hail Jake....We will have the big ten by the balls for the next couple years!!!!!!!!!!

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Anyone can cherry-pick posts from a message board, 78.

Do what I'm about to do and go to bed. Cripes.

They asked for examples and I am giving them what they want. Best part is that ****** from the first set I posted talking trash to Penn State is a 37 year old man. How pathetic is that?

CB21

Mar 13, 2009
Sioux Falls
What makes this thread great is that Iowa is going to so bad next year to where people honestly think that Iowa could lose. That in itself is hilarious. There should never be a question. I love it.

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
What makes this thread great is that Iowa is going to so bad next year to where people honestly think that Iowa could lose. That in itself is hilarious. There should never be a question. I love it.

Lets just hope we don't fall on our faces in the process.

MillerTime

Sep 29, 2008
Ames
I'm almost positive I sensed the "foot in mouth" feeling from the EIU fans through my laptop as I read those "cherry-picked" comments. Oh, what a great way to end the night.
PS- Is anyone else astonished at the Oxford-like vocabulary exhibited in most of those posts? It's quite impressive, IMO...

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I'm almost positive I sensed the "foot in mouth" feeling from the EIU fans through my laptop as I read those "cherry-picked" comments. Oh, what a great way to end the night.
PS- Is anyone else astonished at the Oxford-like vocabulary exhibited in most of those posts? It's quite impressive, IMO...

I actually chose some of the tamer ones that were on there. The saddest part was that it was more then one poster on there being an idiot. It had posts that went back to 2007 and some of the meltdown posts were absolutely fantastic after the loss to Iowa State. It went like this....

Prior to ISU game:

Iowa is the best. ISU sucks and is the worst football team in the world. Jake C. is the best qb to ever play the game. Kirk Ferentz is the greatest coach and Norm and Ken are great coordinators.

After the ISU game:

Iowa stinks. We always under achieve. Jake C. is a terrible qb. Kirk Ferentz should be fired and Norm and Ken don't know how to coach football.

Same posters in posts in 2009:

Iowa is one of the best teams in the nation. They own Penn State and have a far superior program. We will ***** slap Iowa State, Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State "Like we always do." Kirk is the greatest coach in the college game and the assistants are the best. Hampton will be far better then Greene was so we don't have to worry at all.

It was comedy and I will look that board back up if anyone wants to go see some of the stupidest posts ever made on any board ever. Classic.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
100% un-categorically not true.............................

Listen this is sports and not at all important but I have run down so many countless stupid thoughts, stats and anomalies about college football in the last 10 years it would make your head spin.

Furthermore a fan defending their teams competitiveness against an obviously upper echelon team proves nothing other than their passion. It may or may not prove their discernment and logic skills as they go about attacking it to say nothing about their debate skills but that is another thing entirely.

Case in point there is damn few ISU fans on here, even the ones I like and respect, that don’t think ISU is right on Iowa’s coat tails because they are 7-4 over the last 11!

Thats the good news…………….

Iowa has around 30 NFL alumni ISU has 10

Iowa has way more draft picks

Way more wins……..

More conferences championships…

Way more All-conference players…………..

In fact their amount of alumni would place them some where at or right around the 20 best producers of NFL talent year after year after year even when their record stinks.

They have like the 27th or 28th best winning percentage since 1980!

Yet as I post this I am visualizing all the rebuttals, passion and reasons on how I’m disrespecting ISU or “lifting†Iowa up…….. all completely missing the point.

Fans compare………………………to you guys it all makes since to anyone not you it doesn’t. Florida was very, very average sans 1990. Miami before 1980 and FSU was more of the same.

Really you don’t want to have an historical football argument with me. Iowa is no Texas, no Florida or no FSU, but we are a dang site closer than you are to the next tier which hey guess what is us. There is no reason we should kow tow to them nor you too us.

Is that clear enuff for you…………….and I severely doubt any Iowa fan would disagree with this. You are taking a few statements made by Iowa fans and extrapolating what you want too see.

Chad

Please do bring on all of those great stats etc... We all want to see them. The most important stat we want to see when you compare your program to the likes of Florida, LSU, Texas, Oklahoma, etc.... is the number of national championship trophies residing in Iowa City. Please fill us in on how all of your NFL players brought all of those titles home. Thanks.:jimlad:

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I'm not entirely sure how this turned into a football thread.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I found this one on ESPN message boards..... priceless.

hawkeyechamp09Post #4: Jun 8, 7:54 pm Quote | Report ViolationTotal Posts: 40
For The 2009 Iowa Football Season I Think They'll Get 2nd Or 3rd In The Conference. Even Though Statr Players Like Shonn Greene And Mitch King Are Gone The May Still Have A 50/50 Shot Of Winning The Big 10 Title Shared And 30/70 Chance Of Winning It Outrighted. Still I Hope They Go 9-3, 10-2, or 11-1. Also They Have Returning Starters Like Ricky Stanzi, Paki O'Mera, Amari Spevy, Pat Angerer, And Darrel Johnson-Kulionos.
Well 2nd or 3 rd would be nice but I have to give them a better chance then most people would give them.
First you have to look at penn state our 4th game of the 09 season. Penn State replaced there Center , Two offensive line man and three very good Wide Receiver I am more then confident that Norm Parker and our Defense will have no trouble picking apart there offence. Holding Penn State to 2 touchdowns against Norm Parkers Defense.
And sure there Defense will be very good but I think this Iowa Offence will be the best Offence in the big ten this year. First you have to look at our Receivers Marvin McNutt at 6 foot 4 who moved from QB to WR ,Trey Stross at 6 foot 4 and at Tight End Tony Moeaki who is 6 foot 4 ,Tight End Allen Reisner and not to forget Wide Receiver Derrell Johnson-Koulianos the main thing I like about this receiver core other then athletic talent is how tall this wide receiver core is.
And our Quarterback at 6 foot 4. Ricky Stanzi should have a very good passing game this year and expect to see him scramble with the ball more in 09 the he did in 08 and I would kind of love to see the IOWA Offence use a mix of things this season.
And green is gone but I like Jewel Hampton chances this year.
Jewel Hampton kind of reminds you of Fred Russell but with more speed.
Bottom line this year I see Iowa going undefeated this year or lossing one game in 09 at most probley to the buckeyes and dominating most of the teams in the Big Ten tho I think we will probley have good chance of handing the buckeyes a loss at the Horse Shoe or as I call it the donkey and pony show stadium!
GIDDY- UP LITTLE PONY !!!!!!
<A href="http://www.photographersdirect.com/buyers/stockphoto.asp?imageid=2181385" target=_blank>http://www.photographersdirect.com

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
They do that crap all the time. The hawks around here are idiots. They think their football program is as good as Ohio St., Florida, etc. Stick around a while. They say that crap all the time.

Iowa State fans think their team is better because they play in the all mighty Big 12. There, see how easy that was?

Your statement is false, but go ahead and keep thinking that. Stick around as long as you want, you'll never see me say that, and I can't imagine any other Hawk fan would.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
How did a thread about Ames High BB vs. Iowa BB turn into a p!ssing match about Iowa football? For some reason I read throw this entire pile of crap and feel like my IQ has dropped 10 points.