2009-2010 MBB, would Iowa beat Ames High?

cmhawks99

Nov 15, 2008
Bourbonnais, Il
This thread actually confirmed a couple things to me, the least of which is how banal these message boards really are. I know it’s a forum for free thought but seriously I already new this one chacrter was all wet but yowza………………..

Couple things here………….

Monty literally is a a crap spiiner plain and simple. As soon as you realise that he actually has a certain level of novelty considering he only beives about 20 % of what he even says and this thread shows that.

Erik is a great guy who thinks KF, who for all intents and purposes appears to be an upstanding human being, can’t run a tighter ship. He also seems to feel that he is inconsistent. But having “employees†that I have retained and fired over the years, I know I have let some things go were others have been dismissed because what seemed plain wasn’t. We honestly don’t know anything and if we think we do we prove our bias. I have no doubt KF has made mistakes, but for all intent and purposes I think he is doing about as good as can be expected and a similar job to 99% of all major D-1 programs.

As for a couple others in this thread they have routinely proved fickle if not out and out ill-informed and convenient. They have major bias and bitterness to the “other†university and can not be taken seriously.

When the more reasonable amongst your peers come in calling you out it is typically quite telling.

Honestly there is still a pretty significant difference between the average D11 b-ball team and a very good high school b-ball team. Furthermore there have been some outstanding high school b-ball teams in Iowa over the last 25 years so I am far from crowning Ames high anything. Finally anyone who knows this guy who did this and that and worked in the athletic department and aw this or played here there and everywhere……………..can never be trusted.

The people who really do know these types typically never use them in such a fashion and the others are boorish and grand exaggerators.

Chad

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
This thread actually confirmed a couple things to me, the least of which is how banal these message boards really are. I know it’s a forum for free thought but seriously I already new this one chacrter was all wet but yowza………………..

Couple things here………….

Monty literally is a a crap spiiner plain and simple. As soon as you realise that he actually has a certain level of novelty considering he only beives about 20 % of what he even says and this thread shows that.

Erik is a great guy who thinks KF, who for all intents and purposes appears to be an upstanding human being, can’t run a tighter ship. He also seems to feel that he is inconsistent. But having “employees†that I have retained and fired over the years, I know I have let some things go were others have been dismissed because what seemed plain wasn’t. We honestly don’t know anything and if we think we do we prove our bias. I have no doubt KF has made mistakes, but for all intent and purposes I think he is doing about as good as can be expected and a similar job to 99% of all major D-1 programs.

As for a couple others in this thread they have routinely proved fickle if not out and out ill-informed and convenient. They have major bias and bitterness to the “other†university and can not be taken seriously.

When the more reasonable amongst your peers come in calling you out it is typically quite telling.

Honestly there is still a pretty significant difference between the average D11 b-ball team and a very good high school b-ball team. Furthermore there have been some outstanding high school b-ball teams in Iowa over the last 25 years so I am far from crowning Ames high anything. Finally anyone who knows this guy who did this and that and worked in the athletic department and aw this or played here there and everywhere……………..can never be trusted.

The people who really do know these types typically never use them in such a fashion and the others are boorish and grand exaggerators.

Chad

Ah in comes Chad for his short novel. I missed you buddy

DJKHawk

Dec 22, 2007
Iowa City, Iowa
128710037872615390.jpg

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I missed the r in your, but there was no reason to say proved rather than prove.

I figured since you had already proven his intellect that it would make it past tense and thus require the d be added. I was just screwing around and being a smartass since this thread derailed the second after Monty hit the submit reply button.

How low will this thread go? That is the key question. :jimlad:

cmhawks99

Nov 15, 2008
Bourbonnais, Il

""""""""""Originally Posted by Cyclonestate78
hawk fans are funny. Talk smack to Clones 85 about basketball while you guys consistently throw Iowa football in the same category with LSU, Florida, Ohio State, etc.... give us all a break. Please start applying this logic to your posts and hype about Iowa football. Thanks. :biglaugh:
Link? """"""""""""""

Link?!?!?! This guy doesn't have a link. He is the same guy that hates BB for talking crap to Jim Walden but gleefully glorified how much he hopes the rumor about Dwayne Crutchfield flipping Hayden off on an 80 yard run is true. These usual suspects aren’t grounded in sound logic. To them lifting Iowa above ISU and repeating what they have read and heard from others continually equates to putting on the same level with the aforementioned.

Never mind it is 5 out of 100 anyway and goodness gracious we should have hope?!?! Not like we are continually postulating how easy our game will be in September like they now do?

Fortunately they are the ISU 5 or 10 %

Chad

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
""""""""""Originally Posted by Cyclonestate78
hawk fans are funny. Talk smack to Clones 85 about basketball while you guys consistently throw Iowa football in the same category with LSU, Florida, Ohio State, etc.... give us all a break. Please start applying this logic to your posts and hype about Iowa football. Thanks. :biglaugh:
Link? """"""""""""""

Link?!?!?! This guy doesn't have a link. He is the same guy that hates BB for talking crap to Jim Walden but gleefully glorified how much he hopes the rumor about Dwayne Crutchfield flipping Hayden off on an 80 yard run is true. These usual suspects aren’t grounded in sound logic. To them lifting Iowa above ISU and repeating what they have read and heard from others continually equates to putting on the same level with the aforementioned.

Never mind it is 5 out of 100 anyway and goodness gracious we should have hope?!?! Not like we are continually postulating how easy our game will be in September like they now do?

Fortunately they are the ISU 5 or 10 %

Chad

Like I said.... How many links do you want? As hawk fans you should be very aware that your fellow hawk fans such as Git will argue that beating Florida once or playing Texas close means that all of the sudden Iowa is on the same level with those programs..... Not quite. Wow.... I thought you of all people would understand that Chad but I guess I gave you far more credit then you deserve. :confused:

cmhawks99

Nov 15, 2008
Bourbonnais, Il
Yes... those programs on equal footing..... How many National Championship trophies reside in Iowa City?

FYI.... When LSU or Florida go to the Cap One bowl or the Outback Bowl by their standards they had a ****** season. They don't brag about January bowl appearances.... they brag about BCS appearances and National Championships. There is a world of difference there.

Not true........................Programs regularly talk about January bowls, and just because it irks you doesn’t make it not so. In fact I don’t know the state but ESPN regularly bandies about mundane stats like most January Bowls since “Xâ€￾ or what not.

Next…………..

Chad

cmhawks99

Nov 15, 2008
Bourbonnais, Il
Like I said.... How many links do you want? As hawk fans you should be very aware that your fellow hawk fans such as Git will argue that beating Florida once or playing Texas close means that all of the sudden Iowa is on the same level with those programs..... Not quite. Wow.... I thought you of all people would understand that Chad but I guess I gave you far more credit then you deserve. :confused:

Honestly until he says it I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and since you offered I'd like 5 threads and even 10 Iowa fans who have said it.
Shouldn't be hard eh?

Or am I giving you too much credit?!

I'll wait.........

Chad

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Not true........................Programs regularly talk about January bowls, and just because it irks you doesn’t make it not so. In fact I don’t know the state but ESPN regularly bandies about mundane stats like most January Bowls since “Xâ€￾ or what not.

Next…………..

Chad

The difference being is that most teams on that list are going to BCS games not bragging about finishing in a tie for 4th place in a horrible conference like the Big 10 was last year and going to the Outback Bowl. The next time schools like Florida or LSU brag about going to the Outback Bowl it will be the first time.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Honestly until he says it I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and since you offered I'd like 5 threads and even 10 Iowa fans who have said it.
Shouldn't be hard eh?

Or am I giving you too much credit?!

I'll wait.........

Chad

That shouldn't be a problem at all. Fellow Clone fans can feel free to drop their findings on here as well since there are so many good sources.

cmhawks99

Nov 15, 2008
Bourbonnais, Il
The difference being is that most teams on that list are going to BCS games not bragging about finishing in a tie for 4th place in a horrible conference like the Big 10 was last year and going to the Outback Bowl. The next time schools like Florida or LSU brag about going to the Outback Bowl it will be the first time.

100% un-categorically not true.............................

Listen this is sports and not at all important but I have run down so many countless stupid thoughts, stats and anomalies about college football in the last 10 years it would make your head spin.

Furthermore a fan defending their teams competitiveness against an obviously upper echelon team proves nothing other than their passion. It may or may not prove their discernment and logic skills as they go about attacking it to say nothing about their debate skills but that is another thing entirely.

Case in point there is damn few ISU fans on here, even the ones I like and respect, that don’t think ISU is right on Iowa’s coat tails because they are 7-4 over the last 11!

Thats the good news…………….

Iowa has around 30 NFL alumni ISU has 10

Iowa has way more draft picks

Way more wins……..

More conferences championships…

Way more All-conference players…………..

In fact their amount of alumni would place them some where at or right around the 20 best producers of NFL talent year after year after year even when their record stinks.

They have like the 27th or 28th best winning percentage since 1980!

Yet as I post this I am visualizing all the rebuttals, passion and reasons on how I’m disrespecting ISU or “lifting” Iowa up…….. all completely missing the point.

Fans compare………………………to you guys it all makes since to anyone not you it doesn’t. Florida was very, very average sans 1990. Miami before 1980 and FSU was more of the same.

Really you don’t want to have an historical football argument with me. Iowa is no Texas, no Florida or no FSU, but we are a dang site closer than you are to the next tier which hey guess what is us. There is no reason we should kow tow to them nor you too us.

Is that clear enuff for you…………….and I severely doubt any Iowa fan would disagree with this. You are taking a few statements made by Iowa fans and extrapolating what you want too see.

Chad

Last edited:

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
Iowa in a landslide. Barnes likely would be the best player on the court though. If Ames played ISU, only Craig would be better than Harrison.

Brackins and Barnes against Iowa. I'd take double B.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
DJK15

You can throw this pile of BS out the window because Iowa has gone toe-to-toe with the best the Big 12 and SEC has to offer in bowls for the past 7-8 years. Ohio State almost beat almighty Texas! You can go on believing that the Big 10 sucks and the Big 12/SEC are in another class, but you'd be wrong.

Governator

While I agree that Iowa's OOC schedule hasn't been a gauntlet by any stretch of the imagination, however, they did play Pitt last year and Arizona this year. Not to mention Arizona next year and Pitt he following year. You also can't forget Floridax2, LSU, USC, Texas Tech, Texas and South Carolina, even though they didn't schedule the games, they were still played, and Iowa more than held their own against all but 1 of those teams.

Jon Miller

The last seven years, I think just Ohio State, USC, LSU and Texas have been to more January bowl games....[/QUOTE]

From FoxSports

cbluv69
6/9/2009
9:50 AM
(report inappropriate content)
DE Louis Trinca-Pasat ...I have to admit..I have not heard much about him BUT we are so far all Defense in recruiting!! :) I like a good Offense BUT I have to admit I love when the Hawkeye D smacks teams in the mouth and sends them home crying ..and its always sweet when we do that to Iowa State, Ohio State, Michigan and ofcourse the team we OWN PU...I mean PSU :)

cbluv69
6/4/2009
3:00 PM
vf32 you make a very good point..."Learn Your History" and STOP crying about what happened 30 40 years ago you Sheep loving loser!!! When will you learn Iowa is and always has been better than PU..I mean PSU??? I mean come on..one of your best teams and they come to Iowa city and we send ya home with a loss..that was last year and we just keep beating PU year in and year out so simply put..what PU did 30 years ago means nothing when they play Iowa!! Because Iowa almost ALWAYS WINS!! :)

cbluv69
3/20/2009
9:00 PM
vf32 you poor poor person...you make me laugh....The Big 10 took Penn State in and it was the best thing that ever happened to Penn State because now they can play against some of the nations BEST teams..like Iowa, and as much as I hate to say it Michigan, and Ohio State as well as Wisconsin...the Big 10 is the BEST in the nation..despite our league bowl record the last couple years. Dont be mad because Iowa is and always has been better than Penn State...just be happy that now Penn State can compete with the BEST and some years..be one of the best teams....as long as they dont play Iowa anyway..because we almost ALWAYS beat them!! :)

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Big10Hawkeyes
1/5/2009
7:01 PM
maryland
I couldnt agree more, it seems these people coming in and dissing the big ten and ranting about the SEC are fans of weak teams in the conference. Yes Big Ten didnt do too well this year, Minnesota and Wisconsin were big dissapointments, but then again they really werent that good anyways. I wouldnt say Penn St was even a blowout, I think Penn St is still a powerhouse team, and that USC was just playing unbeleivably well. But notice what goes under the radar, a team in the powerhouse SEC conference got its #### smacked around by a little ten team. SEC fans will go on to say that SC is horrible and doesnt belong in the SEC. Thats ####. Im not going to say that Big 10 is a powerhouse conference, but by no doubt do I beleive them to be weak, we have our bad teams, just like the all and mighty SEC does. And I would take my hawkeyes against LSU,Georgia,and even Alabama any day of the weak. Especially the way Alabama a team that was no.1 and undefeated in the SEC got their #### handled by UTAH, a team from a supposed WEAK conference. Psh, how much more convincing do they need? Let them ride their high horse for as long as they want, denial, it hurts.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Stevee101
8/7/2007
12:00 PM
Considering that Iowa is not playing Ohio State and Michigan this year. If Iowa does not go undefeated into the Bowl season than Kirk Ferentz needs to go. We have one of the softest schedules in the country and last season was absolutely a disgrace.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Here is the Arvell Nelson greatness post....

iafan15
9/9/2007
7:49 PM
Great game hawks about Jake I think he just needs to relax a bit he has a nice touch when he is not trying to over power the ball the pass he threw to tony m. had a bit of loft, and great touch..he set his feet and was calm.. so I think he will see that in film study...cant wait to play isu....Arvell Nelson should see lots of time in that one..and mark my words by the time its all said and done he will be a great one. GO HAWKS!!! ps if you live in Denver and want to watch the HAWKS with 200+ hawk fans, The Sports Column is the place to be