***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
I think people focus way too much on traditional lineups. Our lineup next year will be PG, PG/SG, SG, SF, C. Hadley will prolly play some "4" since he's 6'6 and rebounds well.
Agree line ups are fluid and that this all points to a smaller line up.

We were not a great rebounding team this year and putting Milan at the 4 won’t improve that. Hadley and Heise may rebound well, but we’re talking about a really small line up for Big 12.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I think people focus way too much on traditional lineups. Our lineup next year will be PG, PG/SG, SG, SF, C. Hadley will prolly play some "4" since he's 6'6 and rebounds well.

For sure, it looks like we're leaning towards a lot of 4-out lineups.
I'll assume TJ has a great plan until he somehow proves that to be wrong. (you are, too, so don't get the wrong idea)

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
For sure, it looks like we're leaning towards a lot of 4-out lineups.
I'll assume TJ has a great plan until he somehow proves that to be wrong. (you are, too, so don't get the wrong idea)

Yeah I think TJ is moving on from playing a C and a PF that can't shoot, that is basically a C too.

You are, too, don't get the wrong idea? I don't follow.

Dgilbertson

Sep 16, 2023
R-e-l-a-x The portal has been open a week and there is 900 players looking for spots.

The staff is recruiting both Hadley and Heise. Not a one or other situation.
No decisions will be made in RS Pierce or Nojus until the fall.
I’m so nervous. And honestly…angry and disappointed. Thought TJ was better than this. Busch league stuff really

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Has anyone heard any rumblings other than ISU making initial contact with Eric Dailey Jr from Okie State? He would be an absolute home run of a transfer if we could land him. He would likely come off the bench but be able to get tons of minutes if we are going to start three guards, Momcilovic, and Jackson. Figure if he's coming off the bench in 24-25 then in 25-26 he's likely able to start if he shows he's a good player and the roster opening up more.

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
Has anyone heard any rumblings other than ISU making initial contact with Eric Dailey Jr from Okie State? He would be an absolute home run of a transfer if we could land him. He would likely come off the bench but be able to get tons of minutes if we are going to start three guards, Momcilovic, and Jackson. Figure if he's coming off the bench in 24-25 then in 25-26 he's likely able to start if he shows he's a good player and the roster opening up more.
Don't understand the love for Dailey. He is OK. Keep in mind he wasn't t even a starter on the worst team in the league. I think ISU should and will get a better player than Dailey.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Don't understand the love for Dailey. He is OK. Keep in mind he wasn't t even a starter on the worst team in the league. I think ISU should and will get a better player than Dailey.
Dailey was also a freshman. Remember that we don't need a starter at the 4/5 either since we're likely going for a 3 guard, Momcilovic, and Jackson starting rotation. I think Dailey could thrive in a new environment, playing on a team with great guards that can help put him in a position to score.

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
I’m so nervous. And honestly…angry and disappointed. Thought TJ was better than this. Busch league stuff really
This is a classic case of inventing a scenario in your mind and then leaping to conclusions base on that made up scenario. You are angry and disappointed at your imaginary thought. Nothing more.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
If I was coaching, I’d get two Zach Edey clones, and then six 6’8 guards that can handle, pass, shoot, drive, and rebound - like a Terrence Shannon, except they respect women. This is an obvious winning formula, and TJ must be incompetent not to see it. Unbelievable.

Am I doing this right?

Last edited:

Malty Flannel

Sep 19, 2019
Huxley
Iowa State has 4 open scholarships and folks acting like TJ doesn't know what he's doing because he's not filling all 4 with a 6'10 PF.

After this season you lose at least 2/3 of what might go down as the best backcourt in ISU history. There's a real chance Milan is ready to jump to the NBA as well. Established guards like Heise are critical to get into the program. Even if its just depth in 24-25, if ISU wants to be a top-10 program year after year it can't be relying only on a few 18-19 year olds to replace Gilbert and Jones' production once they're gone.