***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
On 48 attempts... He has 55 total 3pointers attempted in his career.

Curtis Jones made 73 3’s last year alone, for reference
And? Do you have some stats or other objective data that indicates the shooting % of a player who shoots less is going to be higher than someone who takes more shots? I'm just interested in the basis of the opinion. If the data indicates that then I'll gladly concede the point.

Of course, it could also be that he doesn't take bad shots which leads to a higher shooting %, which also is a big plus for the team. BTW, Hadley shot 84% on FT's vs 73% for Heise.

Last edited:

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Some have said take both. I suppose the coaching staff would, but would both want to? One says yes. The other looks elsewhere?
I have no inside knowledge but was speculating we take Heise if Hadley chose MSU.

If true I think this kills chance with Hadley.

That is already a crowded backcourt with 3 returning and Milan getting some time at the 3. Now Heise.

We’re probably also red shirting Pierce and Nojus at this point which I hope is not a bait and switch because one/both could leave.

I just really don’t like this.

Also getting worried we’ve not landed another 4 yet.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I have no inside knowledge but was speculating we take Heise if Hadley chose MSU.

That is already a crowded backcourt with 3 returning and Milan getting some time at the 3. Now Heise.

We’re probably also red shirting Pierce and Nojus at this point which I hope is not a bait and switch because one/both could leave.

R-e-l-a-x The portal has been open a week and there is 900 players looking for spots.

The staff is recruiting both Hadley and Heise. Not a one or other situation.
No decisions will be made in RS Pierce or Nojus until the fall.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

With what we have committed and returning, we're really looking for an 8th guy maybe? Nothing in TJ's tenure suggests that we should be worried about anything.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
We need size and size, rebounding and interior scoring is what cost us this year. 4 4 -5 won’t last for a full season in the BIG XII.

Reactions: Cyburbbalz

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Yikes, I think we all saw how that just worked out this year. Let's hope we actually get to see them play in a Cyclone uniform at some point.
I don’t think either came here to sit. Especially Nojus.

I trust TJ but I don’t see why Heise was a target with the backcourt we have returning. We desperately need another 4 - at least as good as Ward and King.

Reactions: NoCreativity

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I don’t think either came here to sit. Especially Nojus.

I trust TJ but I don’t see why Heise was a target with the backcourt we have returning. We desperately need another 4 - at least as good as Ward and King.
Replacement for Pav imo….

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Replacement for Pav imo….
Nojus or Pierce would be immediately better than Pav due just to their size.

Pav was already smallest guy on the court at any time and his first move was to drive into the lane, pick up his dribble, and get low (making himself even smaller).

Reactions: STLISU and Drew0311

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
My goodness people. Even of both Heise and Hadley commit (and hopefully they do) we still have two scharships open for a couple "4's."

From what I have read both Heise and Hadley rebound at an extremely high level for guards. Genuinely feel like TJ wants to play more small ball next year. To do that your guards need to be exceptional on the glass.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Do people really think Hadley is leaving Colorado to come play 15 minutes a game?
Yes. Though closer to 20. I expect, with the intensity that ISU plays D they are looking to do 10 guys with significant minutes.

Part of ISU's struggles on offense stem from tired legs playing the kind of D they throw out there.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Yes. Though closer to 20. I expect, with the intensity that ISU plays D they are looking to do 10 guys with significant minutes.

Part of ISU's struggles on offense stem from tired legs playing the kind of D they throw out there.
There are 120 minutes a game to be had at 1-3 spots.

Tamin, Curtis, and Keshon should be around 90 of this. Maybe more. Milan - even if he plays some at the 4 - is going to get some of these minutes. One has to assume TJ lead Heise to believe he’s going to see minutes if he is coming here.

It doesn’t add up.

This is basically guaranteeing Nojus and Pierce both red shirt. And that Milan is playing heavy minutes at the 4.