*** Official #20 BYU vs #6 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
We shall see what happens at K State, but can we all take a moment to appreciate what this team has done after the loss at Houston? We said we needed to win out from there and perhaps we can get a share of the title. Well, we’ve set ourselves up to do that, which is pretty cool no matter what happens.

Remember when like 3-6 to start the conference and 8-10/9-9 were considered good enough for this group?

They're ballers plain and simple.

KCyclone2010

May 19, 2017
Say we win Saturday and so does Houston. When was the last time 14-4 didn’t get you a share of the title?

cal-cyclone

Dec 8, 2022
Hats of to the BYU team man. They went cold from 3 down the stretch and a couple more shots here and there would have sealed it for them. Their team plays super hard, they never stop moving without the ball, they are tough on def. I hope we don't see them again this year in the B12 tourneyment. We beat a good team tonight.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
No doubt. He seemed so off lately but came up big when needed.
Honestly, he’s only a sophomore, he’s still learning the college game. Some of the plays he made in the second half though, were next level. That steal at their end, keep it in bounds, then finish with an and 1 was one of the best basketball sequences I’ve ever seen.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Hats of to the BYU team man. They went cold from 3 down the stretch and a couple more shots here and there would have sealed it for them. Their team plays super hard, they never stop moving without the ball, they are tough on def. I hope we don't see them again this year in the B12 tourneyment. We beat a good team tonight.
Playing against our def just drains teams. Lots of opposing teams shots going clank in the last 4 minutes

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
We shall see what happens at K State, but can we all take a moment to appreciate what this team has done after the loss at Houston? We said we needed to win out from there and perhaps we can get a share of the title. Well, we’ve set ourselves up to do that, which is pretty cool no matter what happens.
The game at KState is pretty much meaningless. It won't affect our seed in KC (2-seed is locked) and it won't affect our seed in the NCAAs. The only possible impact is if KU wins at Houston, which is highly unlikely. So people shouldn't be hand wringing over that game

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I don’t know what the tournament holds for us, and I still like our chances with a team that just knows how to win.

Reactions: CycloneErik