• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Just watched What if...? Episode 7 and WHOOF!!!!!!! That was one of the worst embarrassments of anything I've seen in a long long time. I can't even express how terrible that was. Felt like watching a Looney Toons cartoon. Give me Inhumans again before having to watch that a second time.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Just watched What if...? Episode 7 and WHOOF!!!!!!! That was one of the worst embarrassments of anything I've seen in a long long time. I can't even express how terrible that was. Felt like watching a Looney Toons cartoon. Give me Inhumans again before having to watch that a second time.

I just read the synopsis on Wikipedia.

I don't know why on earth they didn't do a two-part series from last week's episode and conclude the Killmonger story; that was one of the better ones and they just left that low hanging fruit rotting on the vine.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I just read the synopsis on Wikipedia.

I don't know why on earth they didn't do a two-part series from last week's episode and conclude the Killmonger story; that was one of the better ones and they just left that low hanging fruit rotting on the vine.
I haven't watched this week's yet. I feel like a lot of the stories they are telling end unfinished. I think that just be what they are going for? Kinda let your imagination finish it? Personally I don't love the unfinished feeling a lot of the episodes have.

Overall What If is pretty hit and miss for me. A couple really good episodes and a couple duds. I guess that's to be expected when every episode is its own thing.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I haven't watched this week's yet. I feel like a lot of the stories they are telling end unfinished. I think that just be what they are going for? Kinda let your imagination finish it? Personally I don't love the unfinished feeling a lot of the episodes have.

Overall What If is pretty hit and miss for me. A couple really good episodes and a couple duds. I guess that's to be expected when every episode is its own thing.

Pretty sure they are unfinished for a reason. They are setting up something later on.

There was a shot from the original trailer showing a team What If heroes in the same way the original Avengers "assemble"

the-avengers-marvel.gif

I believe there's going to be some kind of convergence of many of the heroes from What If... for a finale of sorts.

• Informative
Reactions: CloniesForLife

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Yeah, I've enjoyed most of the episodes, but this one was clearly the lowest quality of the bunch.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
This weeks was just fun. They probably felt like they caused enough PTSD and depression by killing off so many of the Avengers previously.
Yeah this week definitely had a different tone than most of the previous ones

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
I laughed. And as depressing as some of the episodes have been, sometimes you need a real laugh every now and then. Only quibble was the ending. Like, if this is a divergent timeline, I don't see how events would lead to that event happening.

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
Hawkeye doesn't have me super excited, but it looks like it'll be alright. The christmas theme will be ok this year, but I feel like it won't age well.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
The Looney Tunes comparison is apt. It did feel like it was trying too hard to be Taika Waititi’s version of Thor.

That said, I did find parts of it funny. Wasn’t a complete waste of time. But it could have been WAAAY better.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
This weeks was just fun. They probably felt like they caused enough PTSD and depression by killing off so many of the Avengers previously.

For sure, could tell that was what they were going for and that was a good idea, but it just seemed kind of meh.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Have to agree. This one definitely felt like the powers that be were sitting in a brainstorm session and had no ideas at all, so someone said, "How about a giant galactic frat party with Thor?" as a joke.

Then a big wig said immediately after, "YES THAT'S IT!!!!"

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I laughed. And as depressing as some of the episodes have been, sometimes you need a real laugh every now and then. Only quibble was the ending. Like, if this is a divergent timeline, I don't see how events would lead to that event happening.

I thought this one was fine. It was kinda funny. It made enough sense. Good enough.
Also not sure on the ending.

Reactions: harimad

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
If, let's say, a variant Tony Stark or Hank Pym saw the same things that Jane Foster did over a year ago it would lead them to feeling the need to create the same Iron Curtain/Ultron. Or Fury did and comes to the same conclusion. Send them out into the universe to find what happened, or collect items of immense power to protect the Earth.

Big ol stretch

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
If, let's say, a variant Tony Stark or Hank Pym saw the same things that Jane Foster did over a year ago it would lead them to feeling the need to create the same Iron Curtain/Ultron. Or Fury did and comes to the same conclusion. Send them out into the universe to find what happened, or collect items of immense power to protect the Earth.

Big ol stretch

Maybe. The problem is it was Tony getting Loki's scepter that led to the creation of Ultron. If Loki never became the Loki we know, the scepter probably never makes it's way to Earth. The one theory I saw was it's from a universe where Ultron succeeded in uploading himself into the Vision body and ultimately got all the stones. And now he is trying to take over the multiverse. Someone said the Watcher seemed surprised to see them arrive. So perhaps what appears to be the biggest throw away episode is the beginning of a connection between them all.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Honestly I liked it but I'm not overthinking the Ultron of it all and my expectation is that these episodes are still unconnected 1 offs unless they will obviously have sequels like the Captain Carter and Killmonger ones.

Help Support Us

Become a patron