*** Official Iowa State Season Thread ***

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I understand other posters using dark humor as a coping mechanism, but man, as a lifelong fan who grew up going to Hilton Coliseum to watch my beloved Cyclones play as part of my childhood, this really, really f*cking sucks to be this bad. Almost brings me to tears, to be honest.
I feel the same but can’t help but crack jokes to prevent the crying

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
BTW, I tried to talk to Prohm at one of the tailgate events and he came off as a bit of an ass, kind of annoyed that he had to talk to a fan, so the nice guy thing doesn't work for me.
You're not the first person I've heard say something of this nature about CSP. I never had any run ins with him but I've heard from friends he is arrogant AF.

• Love
Reactions: CyBobby

bustamoveisu

Sep 8, 2012
So, can we fire him already? What is the point in keeping him for the Big 12 tourney? I guess it is just one game.

BTW, I tried to talk to Prohm at one of the tailgate events and he came off as a bit of an ass, kind of annoyed that he had to talk to a fan, so the nice guy thing doesn't work for me.
Well, I have refrained from sharing until now. He had a virtual recruiting visit scheduled w/ my relative & his father. CSP was no show/ no call. Didn't have the f-ing decency to call to apologize. So the nice guy thing doesn't work for me either.

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
Well guys, glad we've all been able to enjoy this historic season together.

Can we just forfeit the first round game at the B12 Tourney? End this thing now.
agree; this is depressing me. Sick to my stomach; haven't seen it this bad since 1975 - literally

I graduated in 1976. Worked two part-time jobs in addition to going to school full-time. Attended just one game in Hilton. Had little free time, and watching losing basketball just wasn't a priority. Now I've got lots of free time and haven't watched a game since last year. Watching losing basketball still isn't a priority for me.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
So, can we fire him already? What is the point in keeping him for the Big 12 tourney? I guess it is just one game.

Disagree completely. He spent a while talking to us at the 2018 Tailgate Tour. Everyone else was in line to see Campbell after the breakout 2017 Football season so I think he appreciated us talking to him and he didn’t seemed “above us” at all. I mentioned we had been trying to get basketball season tickets (since at that time they were completely sold out) and Prohm told me to email him and he would get us 2 tickets to a game of our choice. That was an extremely kind offer but didn’t take him up on it. Say what you want about the on the court performance at ISU but he is a great guy and will (and deserves to) get another shot somewhere else. His time has passed at ISU but he will go mid major and have success.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This is what I’ve heard as well; I’m not sure where the “nice guy” persona came from.

I think the calm demeanor and 'tough love' player whisperer schtick prompted it.

It sounded like that not only didn't work for some, but things got worse.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron