Jacob Toppin

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Did Jamie Pollard make some announcement I missed? Last I checked Steve Prohm was the HC at ISU and will be for foreseeable future.

Only people talking about Prohm being dead man walking are fans on forums and twitter.

Everyone is at home..all recruits are at home..all day..every day. To think they aren't reading up on the general fan feel is completely naïve. No I don' think they are making final decisions on this but it certainly isn't helping that's for sure.

Maybe everyone needs to shut up and let Prohm do his job without the fan base stabbing him in the back 1000x a day.

It's bad enough players cannot visit which is a strong appeal for ISU and kids coming here..now they get to not come for visits and sit at home sifting thru information on where they want to go..

“Shut up, don’t worry that we are coming off a historically bad season with minimal hope in sight, and continue to donate and pay for tickets at record levels.”

Ok...

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I’ve never seen an isu fan base truly hope for a HC to fail. Embarrassing.

There’s plenty to blame for Prohm but losing 2 underclassman to nba last year and 1 this year..3 in two years no program expects.. let alone a program like isu that can not afford to lose 1.

We’ve lost grad transfer targets to SDSU, Michigan, Cinnci, Seton Hall, Turner stays at BG, Bama, Syracuse, Kentucky.

that’s basically who we’ve lost out to thus far.

All of those were ranked programs last year accept BG.

it’s not like we are losing transfers to Northern Illinois.

it’s Mid April. More will come on the board and those teams above won’t be competing with isu.

Who's hoping for it? Most of us are just acknowledging failure for what it is.

Reactions: CoKane

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Projecting is Cat!

Was he this miserable in the Hoiberg years?

I get that you are in agreement with these folks.

but the funniest line I’ve read from you is root for Iowa State, not Steve prohm.

you do realize those two things are directly connected until their not.

I hope like hell Steve Prohm is successful, because that means my school, and team are successful.

That isn’t the case with a lot of folks on here.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA

but the funniest line I’ve read from you is root for Iowa State, not Steve prohm.

I hope like hell Steve Prohm is successful, because that means my school, and team are successful.

3wzd5c.jpg

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque

I haven't been involved in this argument, but let me just say that I will not actively cheer for Steve to fail, because I do not want to see Iowa State fail. But if the results aren't there, Steve is failing. I won't be rooting for him to fail, but it's reasonable for fans to expect better and his seat to be getting warm if he's not delivering results. He represents ISU and if he can't elevate the program, then ISU needs to let him go and find someone who can.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Because there's so little to sell.
It’s going to be more difficult than normal to top high school guys. Their freshman year would be a win big or get fired season for Prohm, assuming he doesn’t get fired after next year.
That’s why he needs to have a good spring with GTs and even redshirt transfers.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
It’s going to be more difficult than normal to top high school guys. Their freshman year would be a win big or get fired season for Prohm, assuming he doesn’t get fired after next year.
That’s why he needs to have a good spring with GTs and even redshirt transfers.

It isn't like his recruiting of HS kids has been bad. He just hasn't been able to get transfers to reload when those HS guys don't stay for 4 years. If guys hadn't left for the NBA, this team would be loaded for next year.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
If Steve is that weak of salesmen that he can’t recruit against opposing coaches pointing out disparaging Internet forum posts, then I switch my vote and he needs to go ASAP. It would actually explain a lot as to why he struggles every spring.

You’re a hoot, Cat!! You must be older than even me given this foolishness.
So, basically what you're saying is that Steve should go on the offensive and say the negativity spewed on these boards are all from spoon fed, new generation whiners, who know absolutely nothing of which they speak and probably don't have that many friends except their tea party complainers. Ok. I'm in for that.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
So, basically what you're saying is that Steve should go on the offensive and say the negativity spewed on these boards are all from spoon fed, new generation whiners, who know absolutely nothing of which they speak and probably don't have that many friends except their tea party complainers. Ok. I'm in for that.
Of course. I would hope he’s already said as much, and more!! Say whatever it takes.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
It isn't like his recruiting of HS kids has been bad. He just hasn't been able to get transfers to reload when those HS guys don't stay for 4 years. If guys hadn't left for the NBA, this team would be loaded for next year.
It’s always tough though. Now it’s even harder.

What does a loaded Prohm team achieve? 9-9 in the Big 12? I’ll take it!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron