This is why Prohm must go........

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames

Thoughts from one of ISU’s biggest boosters

somebody probably already mentioned this but that's Steve's son....

Jeff is a former walk-on under Morgan..makes sense he's being positive.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Steve keeps going to this reasoning and it's really not helping his cause:

Randy Peterson
@RandyPete

Steve Prohm: If we just made half of the easy baskets we get, and cut out half the easy baskets or a third of the easy baskets we give up, we’d be playing a lot better.
iu

• Funny
Reactions: quasistellar

bthebutcher

Sep 8, 2015
Ah, yes.

"Dumb post is dumb"

"Well, I take some offense to...."

"ERMA GERD, YOU'RE SO BUTTHURT!!!"
He calmly explained why your two posts regarding Beverly were dumb. You claimed it was a personal attack. That's the definition of butthurt.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
He calmly explained why your two posts regarding Beverly were dumb. You claimed it was a personal attack. That's the definition of butthurt.

Dumb post is dumb was necessary to get the point across?

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
It really can't be understated how ridiculous your posts regarding Beverly were.

Not as ridiculous as your bizarre, needlessly aggressive, and completely disproportionate response to my completely harmless comment on timeout usage that even other posters called you out for being a complete d!ck about though, right?

bthebutcher

Sep 8, 2015
Not as ridiculous as your bizarre, needlessly aggressive, and completely disproportionate response to my completely harmless comment on timeout usage that even other posters called you out for being a complete d!ck about though, right?

Yeah, that's completely nonsensical to me as well, and Prohm needs to answer for that.

I was following the game on my ESPN app last night and I almost did a double take when I saw we took a timeout after Bolton's three.

He's been doing it since he's been here.

Erik, I am over UAB, thank you very much. Not quite sure why you're deciding to go there, but whatever.

And again, I've been very critical of Prohm since last night. You're absolutely right; losses like that cannot and should not happen to a Power 5 coach in his fifth year with the program, best player being out with a wrist injury or not. No excuse for it whatsoever.

You mentioned in an earlier post that you had to do a double take when Prohm took the timeout after the made 3 late in the game. Had you really not noticed in the previous 4 seasons he does that all the time?

You're right, I was completely out of line.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
I hate to bring up a negative after a win, but rotations has been one of my big complaints this year.

We obviously had a great start and were up 20 with 7 minutes left in the first half. It felt like we were on the edge of running them out of the gym. Then it felt like at that point it was decided "hey this would be a great time to get some guys some playing time". I don't remember the exact line up but I think it was TH, T-Lew, Grill, Zion and GC. We then finished the half up only 9 and had given some momentum back to KSU.

Obviously the TH injury hurt the momentum portion, but even if he went into the half healthy things degraded a lot those last few minutes. I also know there was some foul trouble that led to some of weird lineup. But given that we really needed a win that night I thought the decision to extend the rotation at that point was pretty premature.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I hate to bring up a negative after a win, but rotations has been one of my big complaints this year.

We obviously had a great start and were up 20 with 7 minutes left in the first half. It felt like we were on the edge of running them out of the gym. Then it felt like at that point it was decided "hey this would be a great time to get some guys some playing time". I don't remember the exact line up but I think it was TH, T-Lew, Grill, Zion and GC. We then finished the half up only 9 and had given some momentum back to KSU.

Obviously the TH injury hurt the momentum portion, but even if he went into the half healthy things degraded a lot those last few minutes. I also know there was some foul trouble that led to some of weird lineup. But given that we really needed a win that night I thought the decision to extend the rotation at that point was pretty premature.

well, one could also say that the guys that had played were probably pretty ******* tired and needed a break. One could also say that many posters would have LOST THEIR **** if Lewis didn’t get in when we were up 21. I think both Solo and Jackson had picked up 2 fouls, so they weren’t going to play.

I also looked, we were up 37-20 with 4:28 in the half. The rotation you are complaining about had been in 4 a while by that point. The last 4 minutes were **** though.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
well, one could also say that the guys that had played were probably pretty ******* tired and needed a break. One could also say that many posters would have LOST THEIR **** if Lewis didn’t get in when we were up 21. I think both Solo and Jackson had picked up 2 fouls, so they weren’t going to play.

I also looked, we were up 37-20 with 4:28 in the half. The rotation you are complaining about had been in 4 a while by that point. The last 4 minutes were **** though.
I also think Prohm saw that lead as an opportunity for Grill to get some good playing time in meaningful minutes.

UNIclonefan

May 1, 2018
Anybody have an idea as to actual attendance? Judging by what I see, attendance seems to be plummeting.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron