This is why Prohm must go........

Cy4All

Aug 20, 2022
No... He wasted 2 of the most talented rosters isu had ever seen.
I always thought Prohm was a good recruiter but coaching was not his forte.

He flat out said his first year he basically let the players run the team. Due to the senior heavy team with long time teammates who had been successful in Fred's system. He didn't want to upset that chemistry.

If I remember correctly TJ was on staff that first year then moved on after that. And that's when things started going off the rails.

While I think I agree with another poster who said we wouldn't have the same Coach Otz that we have today had we hired him instead of Prohm. I have a hard time looking back on the past 20 years of bball at Iowa State and not thinking how much of the good times had TJ's hand prints all over them.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Dec 13, 2019
Des Moines
Prohm was in over his head at ISU, anyone who watched BB could see his offense and defense were ragtag. He lucked out with Fred’s holdovers.
The discourse during that time was almost unbearable. So many people kept giving him excuse after excuse when he showed absolutely nothing to justify that belief. It's a shame some of ISU's most talented teams never reached their full potential because he was at the helm.

Cy4All

Aug 20, 2022
The discourse during that time was almost unbearable. So many people kept giving him excuse after excuse when he showed absolutely nothing to justify that belief. It's a shame some of ISU's most talented teams never reached their full potential because he was at the helm.
Just wait... the best is yet to come.