"IT SUCKED": ISU suffers historic setback to Florida A&M at Hilton Coliseum

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
15 years of going to big 12 tournament..no chance I waste more money on this mess.

It will be the first time I don't go in a while. I brought a baby that was born on February 10th 2017 that year and went. It takes a lot for me to not go.

• Agree
Reactions: heitclone

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Get over UAB. That crap happens with excellent coaches all over the country.
Last night, and the program Prohm built, they don't happen.

Erik, I am over UAB, thank you very much. Not quite sure why you're deciding to go there, but whatever.

And again, I've been very critical of Prohm since last night. You're absolutely right; losses like that cannot and should not happen to a Power 5 coach in his fifth year with the program, best player being out with a wrist injury or not. No excuse for it whatsoever.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Sorry man, I just dont buy your depth excuse. Burton came in at semester right as Naz went out so that's a wash. They were already beating good non-conf teams like Iowa and Cinncy with him, and they beat Kansas and Oklahoma with Burton.

I just think it was a poor coaching job. That's really all I have to say about it, tired of arguing with you about 4 years ago, you keep bringing it up

I don’t know if I’d say it was a poor coaching job as it is tough to come in and fill a very successful coach’s shoes but it certainly wasn’t some extremely impressive job either. To me, he met the bare minimum expectations that year.

bthebutcher

Sep 8, 2015
Erik, I am over UAB, thank you very much. Not quite sure why you're deciding to go there, but whatever.

And again, I've been very critical of Prohm since last night. You're absolutely right; losses like that cannot and should not happen to a Power 5 coach in his fifth year with the program, best player being out with a wrist injury or not. No excuse for it whatsoever.
You mentioned in an earlier post that you had to do a double take when Prohm took the timeout after the made 3 late in the game. Had you really not noticed in the previous 4 seasons he does that all the time?

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

Well, you brought it up. Otherwise, I leave that game alone.

• Agree
Reactions: Cy$

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I hadn't thought about this implication. The KC Chamber of Commerce is going to be so pissed!

It will be bad for site traffic on CF as well for the next 8 months. How many fire the coach threads are we supposed to click and read everyday?

When things are bad for the Clones a lot of people are affected.

• Agree
Reactions: Cy$ and xboxfever

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Bro, I know Prohm sucks, you guys finally realize he sucks. What do you say we call a truce so we can stop wasting each other's time?

Or you could just not talk out of both sides of your mouth.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
It will be bad for site traffic on CF as well for the next 8 months. How many fire the coach threads are we supposed to click and read everyday?

When things are bad for the Clones a lot of people are affected.

Yep. The darkest point for a program isnt when people are melting down over a bad game.

Its when apathy sets in and people just find other things to devote their energy towards.That's when the darkness has set in. And its already evident in the program now, but it can get much worse

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
You mentioned in an earlier post that you had to do a double take when Prohm took the timeout after the made 3 late in the game. Had you really not noticed in the previous 4 seasons he does that all the time?

Ahh...so I'm just not critical enough apparently. Maybe I just enjoyed the good moments of the last few seasons to get too concerned about the small things, until they rear their ugly head like last night.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
You are remarkably obtuse.

You know, if my posts get under your skin so much that you feel the need to personally attack me I would encourage you to go ahead and just block me.

Might as well start off 2020 the right way and structure your CycloneFanatic bubble just the way you want it.

• Optimistic
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

bthebutcher

Sep 8, 2015
You know, if my posts get under your skin so much that you feel the need to personally attack me I would encourage you to go ahead and just block me.

Might as well start off 2020 the right way and structure your CycloneFanatic bubble just the way you want it.
The fact you never noticed Prohm's timeouts after big shots is indicative of a difficulty to comprehend or discern reality. He did this quite often after big 3s by Matt Thomas, for example. So much so that Hines asked him about his timeout strategy in a post-game presser and wrote about it in a subsequent article.

• Dumb
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Podunk13

Oct 26, 2019
It will be the first time I don't go in a while. I brought a baby that was born on February 10th 2017 that year and went. It takes a lot for me to not go.
Went through a lot of years I thought our chances were slim.. different feeling there is no chance..

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017

Is this a letter to yourself?

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
The fact you never noticed Prohm's timeouts after big shots is indicative of a difficulty to comprehend or discern reality. He did this quite often after big 3s by Matt Thomas, for example. So much so that Hines asked him about his timeout strategy in a post-game presser and wrote about it in a subsequent article.
Can you make this more pretentious?

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Like it or not this is Prohm's 2nd rebuilding year. He lost 4/5 of last year's best athletes (THT, Babb, LW and Lard) and replaced them with one athlete (Bolton). That's on Prohm for having a bad recruiting class, but let's not pretend that this team is loaded with talent. Because it's not. It's performing at about my expectations going into the season.

Wow, fortunately I missed this post on Tuesday. First, you're saying that he lost THT, Babb, LW, and Lard, but apparently forgetting that he did essentially nothing with all that talent. Whiff. Secondly, we're told that there is at least one first rounder on this year's roster and another prospect along with some highly touted transfers and recruits, which would make this an average team at the very minimum. Second strike.

Yet, he went on to lose to a one-win team with far, far less talent that he recruited. An embarrassing loss.

Good coaches want their players going to the NBA. Great coaches lose entire starting rosters to the NBA each year and show back up again.

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
Here is the last paragraph from that piece, which I think is pretty well written by Hines.

Maybe the important part for Prohm and these Cyclones is that this loss to Florida A&M isn’t ultimately remembered as the end of something, but just the last thing that happened before the beginning of something better.

Reading between the lines there, maybe he knows something is up behind the scenes that we don't know yet.
I believe Prohm will get the message and make the necessary changes. I wouldn't be surprised if only 3-4 of the players on the current roster return in 2020-2021. If TH goes in the first round, Prohm will have a lot to offer new recruits starting with immediate playing time.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Dingus

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I believe Prohm will get the message and make the necessary changes. I wouldn't be surprised if only 3-4 of the players on the current roster return in 2020-2021. If TH goes in the first round, Prohm will have a lot to offer new recruits starting with immediate playing time.

So start over in year 6?

• Optimistic
Reactions: CyBobby