End the Iowa Series?

• Yes

Votes: 189 38.9%
  • No

Votes: 297 61.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 8507

An Iowa fan stepped on to my front lawn from the sidewalk so I yelled, "Get off my lawn!" He then proceeded to follow directions by walking across the front lawn, around the house, across my backyard and out through the backyard fence. My bad, I didn't provide specific instructions on how to get off my lawn.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I have been to Jack Trice as I said several times over the years, and why the heck would would I know the layouts?

As far as blame goes I am trying to point out this isn't all Iowa's bands fault like you and others are pretending it is, so yeah I am trying to point out where ISU failed as well. Yet I have not, and am not saying that ISU is solely to blame, the blame can be spread around to many.

If you want to stick your head int he sand and pretend that ISU did nothing to lead to the situation and that Iowa's band is solely to blame, be my guest, live in your ignorance.

Not sure which of the 3rd grade level geniuses on here were using the "victim blaming" term when those of us that aren't ******* morons understand that the band is THE problem here. You can talk about poor instructions or the weather, or getting yelled at all you want. In the end, after letting most of the crowd dissipate, the band got to an exit point and saw a logjam of people barely able to move and decided to create the physical contact and confrontation by pushing through the crowd, swinging instruments and using a ladder as a barricade. Nothing gives them the right plow through people. People were not blocking them. Seriously, do people really think better instructions in an email are going to cure the level of breathtaking stupidity shown by the band leadership?

Again, these weren't bystanders. These weren't instigators. These were the people that initiated the physical confrontation.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
He should have. How many times before we say enough is enough. Tired of f*** face Barta damaging this fan base and university's reputation
I don't know about suing UI but a case should brought to the Board of Regents regarding the apparent attempts by UI to slander another university under their control. It looks bad on the state the Regents when a university lies to humiliate another school.

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: HawkJRP and aauummm

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Not sure which of the 3rd grade level geniuses on here were using the "victim blaming" term when those of us that aren't ******* morons understand that the band is THE problem here. You can talk about poor instructions or the weather, or getting yelled at all you want. In the end, after letting most of the crowd dissipate, the band got to an exit point and saw a logjam of people barely able to move and decided to create the physical contact and confrontation by pushing through the crowd, swinging instruments and using a ladder as a barricade. Nothing gives them the right plow through people. People were not blocking them. Seriously, do people really think better instructions in an email are going to cure the level of breathtaking stupidity shown by the band leadership?

Again, these weren't bystanders. These weren't instigators. These were the people that initiated the physical confrontation.

LOL, now the Band is bashing people with a ladder, and their instruments. JFC is there anything you won't blame on the band? Maybe it was the Iowa band that hurled things at the Kansas bus and yelled racial slurs and death threats as well.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
There is no evidence the band was assaulted, give it up you moron.

As I keep saying this is not all on ISU, and I can't believe how some of you guys are insist that not only did ISU or any ISU fan not do anything wrong at all, and that the band made this all up.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2020
This guy keeps inventing new nonsense with each additional rambling.

At least Dex and some of the other guys give us good conversation from time to time[/QUOTE
Talked to someone within the Athletic Department. Pollard was advised by attorneys to take action against Iowa on this but he decided against it. A small part of me wish he would but the bigger part of me is happy our AD can take the high road

Go back to Pollard and demand he go after Iowa with a lawsuit . I would love to see Pollard and others in isu Leadership answering questions under oath and turning over emails.

Come on CyTwins tell Pollard this is his chance to really show the world who the “bear” is. If anyone can do it you can.

• Funny
  • Creative
Reactions: CTTB78 and srjclone
Jan 28, 2020
I don't know about suing UI but a case should brought to the Board of Regents regarding the apparent attempts by UI to slander another university under their control. It looks bad on the state the Regents when a university lies to humiliate another school.

Back to this again huh? How well did it go the last time isu fans demanded that the Regents investigate Iowa? Did you get KF and or Doyle fired?

You should meet with CyTwins and divide and conquer. You can build the plan to go to the Board of Regents and CyTwins can work on Pollard to convince him to file a lawsuit.

I mean isu fans so badly want to take down the U of I don’t let this golden opportunity pass you by. For once and all you can propel isu to the “bear” status you so desperately crave.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Wow, that is even better than my old favorite:

Honestly, something probably did happen as I'm sure crap happens to fans and band members every year for this game in Ames and Iowa City; I just like that video.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Go back to Pollard and demand he go after Iowa with a lawsuit . I would love to see Pollard and others in isu Leadership answering questions under oath and turning over emails.

Come on CyTwins tell Pollard this is his chance to really show the world who the “bear” is. If anyone can do it you can.

Get a grip

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
LOL, now the Band is bashing people with a ladder, and their instruments. JFC is there anything you won't blame on the band? Maybe it was the Iowa band that hurled things at the Kansas bus and yelled racial slurs and death threats as well.

Wow, what an uninformed post. Can someone paste the link to the video surveillance showing exactly that -- the UofI band marching in formation with tubas out front hacking their way through the crowd? And the moron carrying the big ladder into the crowd and disappearing. The only thing less intelligent than the UofI band and its director are the Hawk trolls in this thread trying to defend it.

Don't forget that the investigation also determined one Hawk band member left the formation and tried to get into the ISU football building. What for? You can only assume to blast off one more round of "In heaven there is no beer" and running out before he got his a$$ kicked.

I actually had an email thread going with Bruce Harreld during this investigation. He talked a good game until it abruptly stopped once the video came out. Case closed -- it was all on the University of Iowa. Add Bandgate to Theftgate and Barta has now thoroughly embarrassed himself and the UofI twice. I'm sure the other Big 12 ADs and Presidents laughed when they received Barta's letter before throwing it in the circular file. The main thing proven with this event is that Harreld and Barta are both clowns.

• Winner
Reactions: GT25Ump
Jan 28, 2020
Wow, what an uninformed post. Can someone paste the link to the video surveillance showing exactly that -- the UofI band marching in formation with tubas out front hacking their way through the crowd? And the moron carrying the big ladder into the crowd and disappearing. The only thing less intelligent than the UofI band and its director are the Hawk trolls in this thread trying to defend it.

Don't forget that the investigation also determined one Hawk band member left the formation and tried to get into the ISU football building. What for? You can only assume to blast off one more round of "In heaven there is no beer" and running out before he got his a$$ kicked.

I actually had an email thread going with Bruce Harreld during this investigation. He talked a good game until it abruptly stopped once the video came out. Case closed -- it was all on the University of Iowa. Add Bandgate to Theftgate and Barta has now thoroughly embarrassed himself and the UofI twice. I'm sure the other Big 12 ADs and Presidents laughed when they received Barta's letter before throwing it in the circular file. The main thing proven with this event is that Harreld and Barta are both clowns.

Go tell the College Football Playoff Committee that you know better about Barta and how he shouldn’t be the Chairman. But when you do this make sure you tell them you are an isu fan.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Go tell the College Football Playoff Committee that you know better about Barta and how he shouldn’t be the Chairman. But when you do this make sure you tell them you are an isu fan.
I like how you’re subtly trying to hype up Barta being on that committee like it’s a personal accomplishment of yours.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron