*** Official #3 Kansas Vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
For some reason I feel pretty good about the match up tonight. The team has shown some flashes just not put together a full game yet. There shouldn't be much pressure on the guys considering their record and my hope is they come out loose and embrace the giant killer mentality.

The ESPN+ programming initially was disappointing but could be beneficial for the young guys tonight. Instead of being on Big Monday or the mother ship and the guys getting over hyped and lose focus if things go rough..

KU is good (I wouldn't predict a win based on the current returns,)but not unbeatable by any means. If the guys want any chance at the tourney they need some more signature wins and beating KU in Hilton would be the best way add to add to the SH win.

No matter what happens, I'll be watching, cheering for the Cardinal and Gold to beat the Self'e Adidias team. Go State.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
giphy.gif
source.gif

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
KU has a better bigs and better guards. I am not seeing how this will work out well for the good guys. But then, weird stuff happens, that's why they play the game. Maybe KU will be expecting a cakewalk and be unfocused.

But I expect it is gonna be a cakewalk for KU. The word is out, the King is dead, and I think teams are looking to stick a finger in the eye of Hilton Magic while they can.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
KU has a better bigs and better guards. I am not seeing how this will work out well for the good guys. But then, weird stuff happens, that's why they play the game. Maybe KU will be expecting a cakewalk and be unfocused.

But I expect it is gonna be a cakewalk for KU. The word is out, the King is dead, and I think teams are looking to stick a finger in the eye of Hilton Magic while they can.

Or the KU is not even looking at ISU as a threat and take the game lightly.
This is the perfect trap game for them. ISU actually matches up well with there bigs and has the best player (Haliburton). KU's next game is a nationally televised CBS game vs Baylor which has major league title implications.
The narrative is there to put KU on upset watch.

I get it, ISU hasn't shown to be playing at that level yet, but I do think the team has it in them to come out and compete a full 40.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
No matter how good or bad ISU is at basketball, I try not to ever miss a minute of it, but I’m not paying ESPN any cent to watch games. **** that company. Hopefully ISU can pull the upset and the fans in attendance can bring the magic. Oh and **** Kansas.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Or the KU is not even looking at ISU as a threat and take the game lightly.
This is the perfect trap game for them. ISU actually matches up well with there bigs and has the best player (Haliburton). KU's next game is a nationally televised CBS game vs Baylor which has major league title implications.
The narrative is there to put KU on upset watch.

I get it, ISU hasn't shown to be playing at that level yet, but I do think the team has it in them to come out and compete a full 40.

Iowa State doesn’t match up well with their bigs. Doke has straight up ate out lunch basically every time.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
If you can't get a little fired up for KU coming to Hilton, you need your fandom checked. Play well early to keep the crowd in and attack the rim like we did in the 2nd half against TCU, hopefully get some foul trouble on them.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Iowa State doesn’t match up well with their bigs. Doke has straight up ate out lunch basically every time.

2018 @ KU 83-78 L
STARTERS MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
U. AzubuikeC 29 4-5 0-0 1-4 1 5 6 1 0 4 1 3 9

2018 @ KU 83-77 L
U. AzubuikeC 22 9-10 0-0 1-1 0 3 3 0 0 3 1 4 19

Doke didn't play in either game last year. So one good one bad. D. Lawson was their engine last year and would be a big matchup problem for ISU of course he's a pro now. I could be wrong but I think SY and MJ be physical with Doke to keep him off the boards and contest his near the basket game. Conditt being able to move and run could really give him and McCormak some problems.

in amy case I am much more concerned with Garrett and Grimes in this match up right now. If Doke is taking a majority of the offensive load that should keep it low scoring and help ISU chances to keep it close.

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
Ugh, $10 for tix? Gonna be lots of Beakers there, then. They love to sing Rock Chalk, too.

I really hate that song.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
2018 @ KU 83-78 L

2018 @ KU 83-77 L

Doke didn't play in either game last year. So one good one bad. D. Lawson was their engine last year and would be a big matchup problem for ISU of course he's a pro now. I could be wrong but I think SY and MJ be physical with Doke to keep him off the boards and contest his near the basket game. Conditt being able to move and run could really give him and McCormak some problems.

in amy case I am much more concerned with Garrett and Grimes in this match up right now. If Doke is taking a majority of the offensive load that should keep it low scoring and help ISU chances to keep it close.

ISU hasn't kept anyone off the boards, I have a hard time imagining them keeping Kansas off the boards.

Also, Grimes doesn't play for KU anymore.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Winning on the road in conference is difficult. Not surprised by this at all. Bottom teams always pick off a team at the top each year because of home court advantage.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
2018 @ KU 83-78 L

2018 @ KU 83-77 L

He's 13-15 from the floor against us. Considering our post defense this year, I don't think that bodes well.