*** Official IOWA STATE VS TCU Game(Day) Thread ***

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Big 12 is kinda down so I’d like to think we can find a way to win on the road but I wouldn’t be surprised if I was wrong at all. In previous years I’d say we would win 5-6 home games but I don’t feel confident in Hilton anymore. It’s just another gym now. I could see your 3-15 prediction being true. I’m not high on TCU and we still lost with our potential lottery pick having a triple double, Conditt playing well and getting decent offensive contribution from Bolton and Nixon. That’s not exactly a great sign going forward haha.
Someone called it on page 1 or 2 of this thread. Some nobody from TCU would go off and we'd lose. Nembhard fits the bill with his career high and banked in 3, basically couldn't miss in the 2nd half and ot. This is the McDermott era again, getting beat by the keiton page's of the world

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
You think posters don’t act any different on twitter than they do here?

And I’m sure some have browsed here before. Actually I know that players do on occasion in the past.

I doubt it, what did Georges post on the twitter?

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
Good work guys, all your schtick has gotten to the team. See George’s tweets.

If they're on CF, they probably shouldn't be, but if people are going so far as to directly call them out on Twitter, shame on them, that's unnecessary.

• Agree
Reactions: Baseline23

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

And I’m sure some have browsed here before. Actually I know that players do on occasion in the past.

You're assuming everyone here is on Twitter?

And the players should really just not be on here.

Contrastly, people on CF shouldn't call the players duragatory names.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
If they're on CF, they probably shouldn't be, but if people are going so far as to directly call them out on Twitter, shame on them, that's unnecessary.

You're assuming everyone here is on Twitter?

And the players should really just not be on here.

Contrastly, people on CF shouldn't call the players duragatory names.

I doubt they are during season, but I can certainly think they might be during the off season. Also, posters who are on Twitter spit the same vitriol on that platform and it most certainly gets seen by the players whether they tweet directly at the players or not.

Baseline23

Mar 17, 2012
"Victory has a thousand friends but defeat is an orphan."
This is the way human affairs unfold and precedes social media by thousands of years. Our players and coaches should anticipate this. Unfortunate but true.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
open shot=better chance to go in. Contested shot= slim chance to go in

we all know that it was lucky that that went in, but the point is that you put your players in positions to be successful, And that didn’t happen.

I understand that an open 40 footer has a better chance than contested 40 footer. So instead of a %3 chance there is a %6 chance. However, there are moments every game where one can be critical of coach Prohm. Not guarding a 40 foot desperation heave isn't one of them. I don't care how well it's executed.

And I disagree coach Prohm didn't have his players in positions to be successful. They were with 8 seconds left. Coach Dixon got lucky. If one can't see that......then their hatred for coach Prohm goes much deeper than some hail mary at the end of the game. And I promise you.......if it would have happened the other way around....these same people would be on here saying how lucky coach Prohm was. It's BS.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and CYDJ

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
First response to that tweet

That's kind of what I thought happened last night. Didn't foul in time, then didn't make TCU uncomfortable either.

Still a lucky shot.

Ever wonder how Okie State fans feel about these situations since 2012?

• Agree
Reactions: simply1

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
Big 12 is kinda down so I’d like to think we can find a way to win on the road but I wouldn’t be surprised if I was wrong at all. In previous years I’d say we would win 5-6 home games but I don’t feel confident in Hilton anymore. It’s just another gym now. I could see your 3-15 prediction being true. I’m not high on TCU and we still lost with our potential lottery pick having a triple double, Conditt playing well and getting decent offensive contribution from Bolton and Nixon. That’s not exactly a great sign going forward haha.
Winning on the road is always tough, especially when the other team is making shots. I thought we showed tremendous improvement against TCU. We'll see whether we continue to go forward or regress. It's possible there is good enough leadership on the team to win in spite of weak coaching.

• Agree
Reactions: CYDJ

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez

Players should know to stay off social media. They grew up with it they know the chance of getting burned.

Help Support Us

Become a patron