*** Official IOWA STATE VS TCU Game(Day) Thread ***

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Lol at the people focusing on the bank shot instead of the coaching mistake that gave the guy a wide open shot. He should never have gotten the shot off.

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
You are so, so wrong lol

TCU banked in a near half court three. 8 seconds? Ok. We foul. They hit two. We get fouled up 1. You have to assume we make both FT's (not a sure thing by any means). They still have 4-5 seconds to more than likely win the game on a three. If it were 4 or 5 seconds, than yes, I would foul right as the guy catches the inbounds pass. 8 seconds is too long.

Do you suggest we foul a guy shooting a three almost at half court? Is that what you are telling me?

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Dixon might be the greatest coach in history to draw up a screen to bank in a near half court 3. He's such a great coach I am surprised he's even in that situation.

You know, I do think there are good and valid arguments to be made on both sides of the when or where to foul or not to in that situation, but I have to think that even if the same exact shot happens in the same exact way, with George hesitating/not getting his hands up, that 9 times out of 10 that shot gets missed.

Classic Cyclone nut punch kind of loss.

Wally86

Oct 23, 2008
Central Iowa
I know this is going to be a witch hunt but here's my question on the end of regulation. If I'm Conditt guarding a guy shooting 35% from the line. When he sets a pick at half court I blow the screener up from the side before the ball handler ever gets there.

Out of curiosity was the screen moving? I didn’t notice at the time.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
at least young played so bad early and that forced prohm finally gave conditt a ton of minutes.

• Agree
Reactions: xboxfever

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Maybe he should have told them not to foul

Coaching is communication and communication happens when you find the right ways to get your point across. We should tell them not to make their 3s, not to rebound and see if opposite world works! :)

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
LOL at the people blaming ANYONE for someone banking in a 40 footer.

Why did he get the shot off then? We let him do exactly was was drawn up, clearly, Dixon didn't tell him to bank the shot but they obviously drew up a play to get a screen set for their hot shooter, Dixon told him to get by the screen and put a shot up. That's what he did, he got lucky it went it but it was on us that even got the shot off.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
That’s a generational player doing something. These guys either didn’t do what the coach asked or can’t do what the coached asked

That was more just a funny story than anything.

Main idea is that players don't just miss the assignment out of defiance or neglect, they just for whatever reason don't get to where they're supposed to, when they're supposed to, no matter how many times it's been gone over.

And it happens all the time to all coaches.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
FBCurt heard the same post game and had a completely different take. I've always trusted his posts over many others on here... No reason for me to change my
Just said on the radio that they were going to foul right about where bolton was screened. Wanted to get a little time off the clock 3ish seconds before fouling.

This is what Curt posted

Just said on the radio that they were going to foul right about where bolton was screened. Wanted to get a little time off the clock 3ish seconds before fouling.

clones8232

Jun 5, 2015
That was more just a funny story than anything.

Main idea is that players don't just miss the assignment out of defiance or neglect, they just for whatever reason don't get to where they're supposed to, when they're supposed to, no matter how many times it's been gone over.

And it happens all the time to all coaches.

to the ones who don’t fix it

Trice

Apr 1, 2010

Another great sign for how things are going all around.

(If it's deleted...it's Zion Griffin saying he's deleting his Twitter account.)

• Funny
Reactions: CyBobby