*** Official IOWA STATE VS TCU Game(Day) Thread ***

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

You still haven't answered why the shot even got attempted in the first place. Why our guys were completely out of position and caught off guard by the screen.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Stansbury said it on the instant reaction show...but the real problem here was the pick and roll defense in the first half. Really, really, really bad...and it wasn’t corrected till halftime. Honestly, I’m not sure how a D1 team can defend a pick and roll AND defend the 3 so poorly. Really makes no sense and been a problem for a few years. I’ve never seen a coach struggle with both so much over and over again.

And I agree with Stansbury when he says if conditt isn’t starting Wednesday, it’s a big problem. Can’t keep putting that starting lineup out there without consequences.

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
And I agree with Stansbury when he says if conditt isn’t starting Wednesday, it’s a big problem. Can’t keep putting that starting lineup out there without consequences.

19 point 31 minute performance. Definitely deserves it.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
You still haven't answered why the shot even got attempted in the first place. Why our guys were completely out of position and caught off guard by the screen.

Yes I did. Remember this...........

What difference does it make if like you said....

he got lucky it went

And you haven't answered this...........

I mean.......where do you draw the line with blame..........half court, 3/4 court, 94 feet? Had coach Dixon drawn up the perfect play for an 80 foot heave.......would you still blame coach Prohm if it went in?

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Dixon might be the greatest coach in history to draw up a screen to bank in a near half court 3. He's such a great coach I am surprised he's even in that situation.

It was coached and executed perfectly. Set the pick early and far enough away that the on ball guy wasn’t ready to foul yet, and pull up for the shot before the screener defender could come up to help.

If you want to foul and get screened, you always foul the screener, not the shooter.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
It was coached and executed perfectly. Set the pick early and far enough away that the on ball guy wasn’t ready to foul yet, and pull up for the shot before the screener defender could come up to help.

If you want to foul and get screened, you always foul the screener, not the shooter.

Look out, @CYEATHAWK thinks this is all luck.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Stansbury said it on the instant reaction show...but the real problem here was the pick and roll defense in the first half. Really, really, really bad...and it wasn’t corrected till halftime. Honestly, I’m not sure how a D1 team can defend a pick and roll AND defend the 3 so poorly. Really makes no sense and been a problem for a few years. I’ve never seen a coach struggle with both so much over and over again.

Solo and Jacobson were a combined 3/8 from the field. Mike also missed a couple of free throws that could have been very helpful.

Yep. It's past time. Start George.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

The 1/2 cast is pretty good too.

Among other things Jared's basically letting on that ISU needs a real mean streak especially at Hilton. Not dirty play or anything, just that real deep energy of being a little rugged when ANYONE comes into Hilton.

Wally86

Oct 23, 2008
Central Iowa

So you are saying Dixon screwed up by having a really bad free throw shooter set the screen and we screwed up worse and didn’t foul the screener?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Solo and Jacobson were a combined 3/8 from the field. Mike also missed a couple of free throws that could have been very helpful.

Yep. It's past time. Start George.

If Conditt has the gas and can stay out of foul troubkr he should be in almost as much as Tyrese. As much for next year as this year since Tyrese is likely gone we can't be left with no dominant experienced players.

We've got a first team all big 12 level player, Conditt, Bolton, then quite a drop off.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
The way things are going I don't think pissing away the last two games is going to make a difference, but I will be very put out if ISU is a couple games short of making the dance in March.

• Agree
Reactions: spitfyr36

clones8232

Jun 5, 2015
What difference does it make if like you said....

I mean.......where do you draw the line with blame..........half court, 3/4 court, 94 feet? Had coach Dixon drawn up the perfect play for an 80 foot heave.......would you still blame coach Prohm if it went in?

open shot=better chance to go in. Contested shot= slim chance to go in

we all know that it was lucky that that went in, but the point is that you put your players in positions to be successful, And that didn’t happen.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I got a lot of heat early this year when I said I thought our 2017 team was better than this years team. Disappointing to end up being right.

Last edited:
  • Creative
Reactions: isufbcurt