ISR Bowl talk

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Not shocked hok fans don’t know how many teams are in their crappy conference. BAU.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Also known as the "undercard"
There may be a better bowl game 3 days later, however Iowa State vs. Notre Dame in that time slot is going to get a ton of viewers, especially because it's going to play right into the playoff games. It's a great opportunity for Iowa State to showcase the program. This is the 3rd year in a row that Iowa State will play a very tough opponent in a bowl game and downplaying it is pretty dumb. Camping World knows Iowa State is going to bring a ton of fans and give Notre Dame a game. It's a testament to the fanbase as well Matt Campbell for putting a competing product on the field, not to mention getting a game of Brock Purdy vs. Ian Book.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
There may be a better bowl game 3 days later, however Iowa State vs. Notre Dame in that time slot is going to get a ton of viewers, especially because it's going to play right into the playoff games. It's a great opportunity for Iowa State to showcase the program. This is the 3rd year in a row that Iowa State will play a very tough opponent in a bowl game and downplaying it is pretty dumb. Camping World knows Iowa State is going to bring a ton of fans and give Notre Dame a game. It's a testament to the fanbase as well Matt Campbell for putting a competing product on the field, not to mention getting a game of Brock Purdy vs. Ian Book.

its a really neat game for Iowa State.

San Antonio helped us get this one. It especially helped when they announced loudly how much money was generated by Iowa State fans here last year. Every now city now wants in on Iowa State fan money.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Don't pay attention to anyone trying to run ISU or the bowl game down. Ridiculous. ISU got the bowl it was hoping for, Iowa got the bowl it was hoping for. Both are good games/destinations/opponents.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I have no idea, but I would guess they are less than thrilled. They probably figured with a 10-2 record at ND they would be in a NY6 bowl and not playing a 7-5 unranked team in a bowl game in a city where they are hosting an even more prestigious bowl three days later.
This is where independence is a negative factor. ND essentially has to be undefeated to get into the playoff. Their fans cry when they have one loss and don't make it in. Now, with two losses, their fans are mad they aren't in a NY6 bowl. It's quite common for ND to feel left out when it's their own choice to not be a part of a conference.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycho1 and iahawks

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Don't pay attention to anyone trying to run ISU or the bowl game down. Ridiculous. ISU got the bowl it was hoping for, Iowa got the bowl it was hoping for. Both are good games/destinations/opponents.
I for one think it's pretty sweet Iowa State and Iowa got these prestigious schools. Could be a good showing for the state!

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
This is where independence is a negative factor. ND essentially has to be undefeated to get into the playoff. Their fans cry when they have one loss and don't make it in. Now, with two losses, their fans are mad they aren't in a NY6 bowl. It's quite common for ND to feel left out when it's their own choice to not be a part of a conference.

Yep, their fans are finally realizing the importance of joining a conference after being relegated to the Camping World Bowl after a 10-2 season. I don't blame them, but don't feel sorry for them either. ND should have joined a conference 20 years ago.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You going to S.D? It's seriously a gorgeous city. Brother in law was stationed out there and we got there frequently.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yep, their fans are finally realizing the importance of joining a conference after being relegated to the Camping World Bowl after a 10-2 season. I don't blame them, but don't feel sorry for them either. ND should have joined a conference 20 years ago.
If I were in their shoes I'd be pissed I wasn't in a NY6 bowl too, but that's how it works.

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
You going to S.D? It's seriously a gorgeous city. Brother in law was stationed out there and we got there frequently.

Can't make it, too much family stuff around Xmas. Been to San Diego/LaJolla several times, might be the best city in the country. Best sashimi I've ever had.

Reactions: JP4CY