ISR Bowl talk

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Were there 5 games the Clones didn't prep for? Maybe took off the week before the Kansas game as well? They might want to spend some time looking at Notre Dame film.
ISU won by double digits vs Kansas.

Do better.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So will the Iowa fans that do go to the San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl be back home in Iowa in time to watch the real bowl game? Closer to January, Brock Purdy, Notre Dame, etc. The entire country is going to tune in for this one. Probably the most important bowl game in the state since 2009

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
10-2 Notre Dame >>>>>>> 8-4 USC

And that's not really debatable.
Data points for this: ND and USC played each other this season, ND narrowly won.

ND's only losses were to ranked teams and a good chunk of their wins were convincing wins. USC has a big chunk of narrow wins... and a loss to BYU.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
So will the Iowa fans that do go to the San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl be back home in Iowa in time to watch the real bowl game? Closer to January, Brock Purdy, Notre Dame, etc. The entire country is going to tune in for this one. Probably the most important bowl game in the state since 2009

I try to forget, but you missed 2016.

Plus Camping World Bowl is in about the same tier as the Holiday Bowl imo.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: TRYHARDER and JP4CY

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

An almost January bowl game vs Notre Dame is a lot bigger deal than Iowa carrying a fake ID into a game knowing they're going to get slaughtered

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
An almost January bowl game vs Notre Dame is a lot bigger deal than Iowa carrying a fake ID into a game knowing they're going to get slaughtered

Only ones that think that are ISU fans. ND certainly doesn't. They are disappointed to be playing in such a bowl.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Only ones that think that are ISU fans. ND certainly doesn't. They are disappointed to be playing in such a bowl.
An Iowa troll on an ISU board telling people how little Notre Dame fans care.

Has anyone here gone to USC boards to see how much they don't care about Iowa, then post on Iowa boards about it?

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX

Please tell me you would rather play USC than ND this year. I really want to hear that lie come out of your mouth.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Please tell me you would rather play USC than ND this year. I really want to hear that lie come out of your mouth.

Probably ND, but Iowa got a good opponent too. Two ranked teams going against each other in San Diego on a Friday night. Not complaining at all.

ISU fans are acting like they are playing in the Orange Bowl or something, but instead they aren't even playing in the best bowl game in Orlando.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Probably ND, but Iowa got a good opponent too. Two ranked teams going against each other in San Diego on a Friday night. Not complaining at all.

ISU fans are acting like they are playing in the Orange Bowl or something, but instead they aren't even playing in the best bowl game in Orlando.

Purdy and Campbell vs Notre Dame is a way better matchup than the actual Orange Bowl this year and that's not trolling

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Purdy and Campbell vs Notre Dame is a way better matchup than the actual Orange Bowl this year and that's not trolling

Orange Bowl has two ranked teams. You guys are playing in a bowl where only one team is ranked and in a city that is hosting a better bowl game three days later.