ISR Bowl talk

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Orange Bowl has two ranked teams. You guys are playing in a bowl where only one team is ranked and in a city that is hosting a better bowl game three days later.

Florida vs Virginia in December is better than Purdy and Campbell vs Notre Dame? Lol!

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Florida vs Virginia in December is better than Purdy and Campbell vs Notre Dame? Lol!

Notre Dame doesn't even want to be there. They have fans questioning if they should finally join a conference because of how they feel they got screwed to be going to the Camping World Bowl.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Notre Dame doesn't even want to be there. They have fans questioning if they should finally join a conference because of how they feel they got screwed to be going to the Camping World Bowl.

How do you know what Notre Dame players want?

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Reminder from a couple of years ago:

I'm sure the Rose bowl is awesome and all that, but there was a legitimate debate between Hawk fans over whether they would rather go to the Rose Bowl or the playoff. Chris and Ross were talking about it on the radio, and they even asked Chuck Long about it.

Rose for me- there's a reason they call it " the granddaddy of them all".

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/th...chance-for-the-rose-bowl.210856/#post-4932113

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Dec 28th bowl game vs Notre Dame >>>>>>>> Dec 27th San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl game

Lending Tree Bowl on January 6 is 1000000x better than Holiday Bowl.

January Bowl is what matters most per Hawkeye fans. Unless they've been wrong for a decade plus.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I didn't care enough to verify this, but a guy on the radio (either ESPN or Fox Sports) said that USC is down to their third-string QB. Does anyone know if that is accurate?

Yes, he's a freshman, but he's actually pretty good.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Plenty of USC fans hating on the Holiday Bowl too. Granted most of that is in protest of USC keeping a coach and AD they hate. But still.

B1G clearly the best football conference this season, most years with our resume we'd be in the Citrus. But I love the Holiday bid and opponent. Down year for the Big 12 which opened the door for ISU to Orlando and ND. Who cares. We both got bowls and opponents we like.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Orange Bowl has two ranked teams. You guys are playing in a bowl where only one team is ranked and in a city that is hosting a better bowl game three days later.

Notre Dame beat Virginia fairly easily. They're way better than Virginia so who cares about the Orange Bowl? Notre Dame also beat USC. Iowa State is a rising program with a star coach, and they've been ranked off and on throughout the year. I'd say the Notre Dame/Iowa State game is more intriguing. USC is a wreck of a program right now, and Iowa is pretty boring.

Better Bowl game three days later? So what? That just means two more fan bases to party with.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Plenty of USC fans hating on the Holiday Bowl too. Granted most of that is in protest of USC keeping a coach and AD they hate. But still.

B1G clearly the best football conference this season, most years with our resume we'd be in the Citrus. But I love the Holiday bid and opponent. Down year for the Big 12 which opened the door for ISU to Orlando and ND. Who cares. We both got bowls and opponents we like.
SC got "rid" of that AD. (He quit during the football season)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron