*** Official #16 Seton Hall vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

CentexCyclone

Oct 20, 2015
Teams combined for 36 turnovers, 38% from the floor, 25% from 3pt. Thankfully, Clones won the pts of TOs 14-6 and were nearly automatic on FTs the last 5 minutes. We'll see a lot of ugliness like this through the season from this team, but I'll take winning ugly.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Holy sh!t, they just showed Walter Day in the Tetris competition! You know it's cool now!

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
i'll take the T25 win!

giphy.gif

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I've been super critical of Nixon but dang his defense on Powell was REALLY good. We haven't had an on ball defender like that in a while

Nixon's an elite defender. That should be his role and hopefully he'll learn to let others shoot the long ball.
Conditt and Halli turned in stud performances tonight, and the pick and roll worked for us, for a change.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I'm being realistic....they're an average team, AT BEST. Glad they won, obviously, but at least at this point in the season, I would comfortably expect Seton Hall to have a better season than us. Just give me that win on Thursday, to shut up those schmuck Hokeye fans that actually give a $hit about the basketball program (unfortunately, too many of my Hokeye friends think that f'ball is the only sport in existence).
You could have just said "Yes, I have to be sh!tty about it!"

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Nice win! This team is limited talent wise offensively, and very frustrating to watch a lot of the time on that end, but fun to watch overall because of the constant hustle. Defensively I love the way they play. Going to be fun watching this team grow as the season plays on. Tonight was a huge win. Conditt is easily the best big man and needs to be starting.

GT25Ump

Oct 24, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
This was a huge win for the tourney resume. I had a good feeling we could at least split with Seton Hall. Now play this same D against Iowa, get at least 9 conference wins and should be dancing again.

If this team gets 9 conference wins, it means that the conference is WAY DOWN this year. Everyone needs to take the rose-colored glasses off, it's a rebuilding year. NIT or bust.

CYber_saber

Mar 2, 2017
This team has potential. We should be aiming for higher seed not just making the big dance.

• Funny
Reactions: cyson

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
For as much as that 1st 12 minutes to start the game was excruciating to watch (offensively), that has to be one of the best defensive performances I have seen from an ISU team since the Fizer-Tinsley (et al) days! Nixon drives me crazy with his offense - but, man, HE CAN DEFEND!!! I even thought Grill and Jackson looked great defensively. Really need those guys to step up offensively!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron