Big XII Championship Game

Who are you rooting for in the Big XII Championship Game?

• Oklahoma

Votes: 156 92.9%
  • Baylor

Votes: 12 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
I don't really have a favorite today. It seems like OU has the best shot at a CFP birth, and gaining that will promote all the bowl engagements one level. But on the other hand, if Baylor can somehow get into the CFP, I think they have the bigger chip on the shoulder. And that is what you need in games 14 and 15. I also think Charlie Brewer is a higher overall quality QB than Jalen Hurts.

Ready to tee this thing up, though. Should be a real headknocker!
OU has gotten this far the hard way. If they can prevail, superior Big 12 competition should prepare them to finally get past the CRP semis.
But Baylor has finished the year strongly, and they have hte advantage of having lost to OU in heartbreaking fashion. If they win, it will give the CFP committee a really big headache tonight.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
My buddy says he's rooting for Baylor, because if Baylor wins and makes the CFP then it means Iowa State can some day too. My argument is.....**** Baylor. So, who are you rooting for?

Your buddy is a sick person.

• Agree
Reactions: diaclone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I don't think that kind of culture started, or ended with Briles.

On the field, the only time I've really considered Baylor to be dirty was last season when they directly went after Butler and Montgomery.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
How many other leagues give you 2 free yards on a fair catch? BU punt returner caught the ball with his heels on the 15, and the ball was put in play from the 17.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Baylor. I'm sick of Boomer and their jillion 4 and 5* players just overwhelming the conference year after year. As said above, BU's smut was under a different regime.

So you want a weaker conference so your team can win more games? That’s not good for the Big 12.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
Is it just the ESPN app stream, or is anyone else having trouble hearing the announcers over the crowd/band noise?

Maybe a little bit. I dont mind it too much. I appreciate hearing the atmosphere more. Helps that the oklahoma band hasn't been playing their fight song between every play.

Reactions: fenton06

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Part of the B12's adaptations to these offenses has been some teams being really effective in the timing and locations of their blitzes.

It's much more aggressive than 'just don't give up the big play'.

I will say Baylor's secondary is physical.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron