Big XII Championship Game

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Who are you rooting for in the Big XII Championship Game?

• Oklahoma

Votes: 156 92.9%
  • Baylor

Votes: 12 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cyowan

Feb 7, 2013
Ames, IA
My buddy says he's rooting for Baylor, because if Baylor wins and makes the CFP then it means Iowa State can some day too. My argument is.....**** Baylor. So, who are you rooting for?

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
This Baylor team has little connection to the Briles era. I almost always go with the underdog team over the blue blood. Hope Utah and Baylor win so the committee has to pick one of them for the CFP. I am guessing the committee/ESPN is hoping Georgia beats LSU so they can leave both of them out.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Will never cheer for Baylor in anything. Wish the Big12 had the courage to kick them out after their disgusting rape coverups. I don't care if the main perpetrators are gone.

We don't need Baylor as an example anyway. KState came within one game of playing in the NC under the BCS rules. KU went to the equivalent of a NY6 bowl under Mangino.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
I voted Oklahoma but Baylor winning might do more for Iowa State.
Would that help get both Oklahoma and Baylor in the NY6 bowls?

Even if Utah and Georgia lose and OU wins, I think the committee finds a way to keep Oklahoma out of the playoff.
It's just incredible that Georgia wasn't penalized for losing to a horrible SC team at home.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Whar option three?

51ZJZQS65JL._SY445_.jpg

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I'm rooting for Oklahoma. They do better, make Lincoln Riley look better. Jerry Jones comes calling and takes Coach Riley. Oklahoma takes a step back.

cyowan

Feb 7, 2013
Ames, IA
I'm rooting for Oklahoma. They do better, make Lincoln Riley look better. Jerry Jones comes calling and takes Coach Riley. Oklahoma takes a step back.
The same could probably be said for Rhule (although most likely not to the NFL). I'd rather see Rhule go than Riley, but still can't bring myself to pull for Baylor.

• Agree
Reactions: CloneFan4

GT25Ump

Oct 24, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
I voted Oklahoma but Baylor winning might do more for Iowa State.
Would that help get both Oklahoma and Baylor in the NY6 bowls?

Even if Utah and Georgia lose and OU wins, I think the committee finds a way to keep Oklahoma out of the playoff.
It's just incredible that Georgia wasn't penalized for losing to a horrible SC team at home.

That's the key to everything. Georgia has a TERRIBLE loss at home to 4-8 S.Carolina, I don't care if it went to overtime and it shouldn't matter that it occurred early in the conference season, it should be "body of work", just like on the basketball end. There will be teams with one loss that's a better one-loss than Georgia and if they weren't in the SEC, they'd be sitting up at #8 or #9 right now, ARGH!

Though, playing devil's advocate, the more mayhem and chaos that occurs, causing more people to bitc$ about the final four choices, the better chance we get to the proper 8-team playoff that it should be!

Reactions: DSMCy

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
A lot of chips would have to fall for Baylor to make the playoff if they win. I suppose its possible if tOSU and Clemson both lost but I don't see either happening. Of course we have a real possibility of making it that far some day. We lost to these 2 teams by a combined 3 points, on the road. Clean up a few areas and we are right there.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
A lot of chips would have to fall for Baylor to make the playoff if they win. I suppose its possible if tOSU and Clemson both lost but I don't see either happening. Of course we have a real possibility of making it that far some day. We lost to these 2 teams by a combined 3 points, on the road. Clean up a few areas and we are right there.
Nah, Oregon beats Utah, BU's in.

cyowan

Feb 7, 2013
Ames, IA
I just don't get that. If Baylor beats OU their only loss of the season will be to an 11-2 OU team, which has to be the "best" loss of any of the one-win teams. I understand they don't have the brand and have a horrific past, but by the numbers I don't see why they aren't shoo-ins if they win this Saturday.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
This Baylor team has little connection to the Briles era. I almost always go with the underdog team over the blue blood. Hope Utah and Baylor win so the committee has to pick one of them for the CFP. I am guessing the committee/ESPN is hoping Georgia beats LSU so they can leave both of them out.
I don't think that kind of culture started, or ended with Briles.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Baylor's shady history aside, I refuse to cheer for a team led by a grown *ss adult wearing an art shirt.

**** Baylor

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I voted for Oklahoma as I think between the two, they have the best chance to get in to the playoff. However, Georgia and Utah both have to lose for Oklahoma to get in.