Positives and Negatives of Gameday

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Quote from the Athletic

David Pollack remarked after the show that he heard a lot of people in the crowd telling him ‘thank you’ for GameDay coming to Ames, but the reality is we can’t thank the Iowa State fans enough for coming to the show. We never take our audience for granted, and I think the Cyclone and Hawkeye fans showed the country why college football matters in the state of Iowa. Everyone on-air and behind the scenes really fed off the crowd’s energy.”

illinoiscyclone

Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
Quote from the Athletic

David Pollack remarked after the show that he heard a lot of people in the crowd telling him ‘thank you’ for GameDay coming to Ames, but the reality is we can’t thank the Iowa State fans enough for coming to the show. We never take our audience for granted, and I think the Cyclone and Hawkeye fans showed the country why college football matters in the state of Iowa. Everyone on-air and behind the scenes really fed off the crowd’s energy.”
Where are you seeing that? The only article I'm seeing about the game was Max Olsons recap

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I thought the crowd was fanatastic.
I thought our Stadium looked fantastic in the back ground.
The signs were "Ok". Nothing great

Negatives
Was hoping they would do a good Jack Trice story
Was that Eric Church guy awake? He knew a lot about each team from around the country but just had no energy.
While the signs were meh overall, it’s tough to beat the sign that said “I wanna Brock n roll all night and Purdy every day.”

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I love Corso, but it made me sad seeing him in real life. He looks to be getting in pretty bad shape and that makes me sad because he's been a fixture of my Saturday mornings for a long time.

But it is cool I got to see him in person.
I agree. I was surprised how slow he moved around on the set. So glad I was able to be there and witness him pick us before he retired. It definitely won’t be the same when he leaves.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Jdk

Feb 27, 2019
Plenty of positives but the negatives were who in the heck is ever in charge of the porta pots should have brought more in for this game day crowd they should have known there would be double the people in the lots the porta pots 4 hours before kickoff were gross lines to use them were almost as bad as trying to get into the stadium to park at 5am and stuck on university avenue just boarding the Riemann gardens waiting to turn into lots s1 and s2 we were in line at 445am and at 530 we finally got to our parking spot I had better experiences in busy airports getting through security than this debacle.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Reactions: Cyclonsin

20eyes

May 15, 2020
This almost as boring as the land o lakes CEO suggestion.

We just don’t have many “cool” alumni and we have to accept that.
Yeah, he's boring. But he relates to sports. Literally ANYONE who will know who we are and rep us is better than the clown they trotted out last time.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
This almost as boring as the land o lakes CEO suggestion.

We just don’t have many “cool” alumni and we have to accept that.

True, but given a choice between the V Foundation and Land O Lakes, which would more ESPN viewers (and ESPN execs) recognize?

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
True, but given a choice between the V Foundation and Land O Lakes, which would more ESPN viewers (and ESPN execs) recognize?
Neither. They’ll pick another country music artist that can make a stop in Iowa on their way to somewhere else. The tv execs and viewers don’t care about those things, they want familiarity.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
How about this guy?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.