Parking for Saturday

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Assuming the S lots will be a ****show if i try to get in from S16th saturday... debating if i should come in from the north instead.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Can't wait to get into C2 from the north via Lincoln way. Planning on driving clear around campus to avoid University and Mortensen.

• Agree
Reactions: SECyclone

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Does S3 still exist?

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.0118359,-93.6372873,473m/data=!3m1!1e3

Regardless the set will likely be at the far south end of that area to allow as much space for crowd as possible.

I would bet they take some of S2 or so as well with the frontage road.
2019_Football_Parking_Map.jpg

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Per cyclone.com under Priority Parking.
Does anyone know if this is just for priority parking pass holders or is this for general public too? This means people could potentially be in their cars for 10 + hours until lots open?

G2/G3 (Iowa game only)
Fans wanting to park RVs in the Vet Med lot for the Iowa State/Iowa game will line up Friday afternoon from 1:30pm-5:30pm in lots G4/G5. Vehicles staged in this lot will move across S. 16th street up to Vet Med starting at 5:30pm. Fans wanting to park in lots G2/G3 for the game will line up in lot G4 from 6:30pm-midnight. Vehicles staged in this lot will move across S. 16th street to lots G2/G3 prior to the public lots opening on Saturday, Sept. 14th.

• Each vehicle must have a valid driver with it at all times or the vehicle is subject to being towed. If the driver is not ready or prepared to move the vehicle when G2/G3 opens, the vehicle will lose its place in line and be held to the end of the staging queue.
  • No sleeping outside of the vehicles
  • No tent like structures or other obstructions can be set up anywhere in the lot
  • No glass bottles allowed in the lot
  • All vehicles are to be moved when the lot is cleared
  • Any vehicles left in the staging area after the lot is cleared will be towed
  • No fires or cooking outside vehicle while in line
  • No alcohol or tailgating allowed
  • This area is being used for a staging area at this time and is not currently a tailgating area
  • Tailgating is not allowed until the lots officially open
  • Lot G3 will be filled first and all vehicles will be force parked

Good God. Sounds like G2/3 are pretty much out of the question if you're not there hours before 5 AM. Now I'm just hoping that arriving by 5:30 AM will get us in G4/5/8/9....

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
We park in the handicapped lot S1, the drive is 2:30 hours, so I plan on leaving to reach the stadium between 5:00 to 5:30. Going to try and be on the road by 2:30, have to stop by Casey's and get ice, and then head north.

ESciGuy

Mar 16, 2010
Joliet, IL
Al_4_State is right. I think it was two years ago I parked in G7 for an OOC game. Mud was flying up on top of the car roof as we drove out. There were ruts in the lot the rest of the year. There's no way they're closing the grass lots unless there is significant standing water in them. My concern? Two years ago, we arrived at G7 at least two hours before kickoff for the Iowa game, and it was full -- somehow, a bunch of cars were let in that shouldn't have been.

Before you say, "Show up earlier, stupid!", I am coming from the Chicago area, so that's not a trivial matter. I'm wondering what it will be like after 11 am, when Gameday is over. I can't get there before it starts.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
will probably ride up on the motorcycle and park in vet med for the CGD show, then watch the game from home or somewhere.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron