Parking for Saturday

HiltonMag1c

Oct 27, 2014
I'm hearing they will do everything in their power not to close the grass lots. If the lots aren't lakes... they'll be open. As someone said above they'll take the turf damage to not damage the atmosphere for CGD. I imagine they'll have to close off some low spots but not whole lots. Here's to hoping Thursday's forecast goes the way of the UNI game forecast: Lots of rain to almost nothing.

Do you have someone in the know? I assume so but just curious.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Holes in the ground tend to accumulate water. I think the panic is a little premature. As long as Ames doesnt get a couple inches between now and gameday and Friday remains sunny and windy I think it will be manageable.

Along with compacted ground from which causes the ponding like what the webcam shows.

Reactions: HiltonMag1c

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Anyone know of a good little spot to park north of Campus? I wont be able to get to Ames till around 1 or so due prior commitments. I'll be coming from the north so I was gonna take 13th street and park by the pool/freddy ct area, walk through that little tunnel and sneak down to the stadium. Thoughts?
Park in the Gen staff (yellow) or reserved (red) lots on the east side of campus - by the greenhouses, around Agronomy, Kildee & Forker (Agronomy & Forker lots will probably be full by 1pm).

Reactions: DSMCy and JM4CY

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Anyone know of a good little spot to park north of Campus? I wont be able to get to Ames till around 1 or so due prior commitments. I'll be coming from the north so I was gonna take 13th street and park by the pool/freddy ct area, walk through that little tunnel and sneak down to the stadium. Thoughts?

Park at the gas station in Story City and walk

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
I plan on doing Uber, so either way don’t stress yourself. Hit me on 5152490309. Texting me works better especially if my Uber app is on, because for “Safety” reasons Call’s don’t come through my but texts do. Which doesn’t really make sense to me because reading a text if I’m driving seems more dangerous than my car Bluetooth phone accepting calls, what I know.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
All of the staff lots south of the railroad tracks. Start at the power plant and work your way west

Reactions: JM4CY

cb1030

Oct 6, 2017
Has anyone heard if there will be issues with parking around lots close to where GameDay is being filmed? We scored two tickets and a parking pass in S3, but now I'm worried since that's the lot closest to where the show will be filmed. We have a toddler so I'm hopeful that we can still park there.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Has anyone heard if there will be issues with parking around lots close to where GameDay is being filmed? We scored two tickets and a parking pass in S3, but now I'm worried since that's the lot closest to where the show will be filmed. We have a toddler so I'm hopeful that we can still park there.

Does S3 still exist?

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.0118359,-93.6372873,473m/data=!3m1!1e3

Regardless the set will likely be at the far south end of that area to allow as much space for crowd as possible.

I would bet they take some of S2 or so as well with the frontage road.

Last edited:
Reactions: cb1030

gilaclone

Apr 20, 2006
S3 has assinged, reserved stalls. Bigger donor parking There is a parking spot number on your pass. You will have a parking spot.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and cb1030

cb1030

Oct 6, 2017
S3 has assinged, reserved stalls. Bigger donor parking There is a parking spot number on your pass. You will have a parking spot.

Correct, the pass has an assigned spot # on it. Thanks for the insight.

clydeclone

Feb 27, 2014
Per cyclone.com under Priority Parking.
Does anyone know if this is just for priority parking pass holders or is this for general public too? This means people could potentially be in their cars for 10 + hours until lots open?

G2/G3 (Iowa game only)
Fans wanting to park RVs in the Vet Med lot for the Iowa State/Iowa game will line up Friday afternoon from 1:30pm-5:30pm in lots G4/G5. Vehicles staged in this lot will move across S. 16th street up to Vet Med starting at 5:30pm. Fans wanting to park in lots G2/G3 for the game will line up in lot G4 from 6:30pm-midnight. Vehicles staged in this lot will move across S. 16th street to lots G2/G3 prior to the public lots opening on Saturday, Sept. 14th.

• Each vehicle must have a valid driver with it at all times or the vehicle is subject to being towed. If the driver is not ready or prepared to move the vehicle when G2/G3 opens, the vehicle will lose its place in line and be held to the end of the staging queue.
  • No sleeping outside of the vehicles
  • No tent like structures or other obstructions can be set up anywhere in the lot
  • No glass bottles allowed in the lot
  • All vehicles are to be moved when the lot is cleared
  • Any vehicles left in the staging area after the lot is cleared will be towed
  • No fires or cooking outside vehicle while in line
  • No alcohol or tailgating allowed
  • This area is being used for a staging area at this time and is not currently a tailgating area
  • Tailgating is not allowed until the lots officially open
  • Lot G3 will be filled first and all vehicles will be force parked

Last edited:

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
South side of DM. 3.65 inches of ran since Friday night. 2.5 just last night/this morning. Five hours of no electricity (throwing that in hoping for sympathy)

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Those with parking passes, what time are you guys thinking of arriving?