Coach Messingham, I've seen both pluses and minuses ...

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
No way to know at this point. Later Rhoads years were a disorganized cluster. It appears he did OK with Kleiman at NDSU, so I guess we'll see if that whole staff translates well to FBS. I really want us to beat KSU for a few years to make up for a lot of pain and suffering at the hands of Snyder and Co.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
No way to know at this point. Later Rhoads years were a disorganized cluster. It appears he did OK with Kleiman at NDSU, so I guess we'll see if that whole staff translates well to FBS. I really want us to beat KSU for a few years to make up for a lot of pain and suffering at the hands of Snyder and Co.
THIS. For the next decade, at least...

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Does Snyder's deal with the devil for unending "life" and tearing the hearts out of Cyclone teams apply when he isn't the head coach?

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
IIRC a lot of posters (myself included) were pretty pleased with the promotion at the time because staff continuity sounded like a good thing. In this case, it wasn't. It was one of several missteps that eventually ended CPR's tenure.

Was Mess bad or was it simply CPR killed everything he didn't like? There were a LOT of "bad" coaches here under CPR who have gone on to bigger and better things... Maybe they all got smarter or CPR had the clamps down on them here.

Some of both perhaps.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Was Mess bad or was it simply CPR killed everything he didn't like? There were a LOT of "bad" coaches here under CPR who have gone on to bigger and better things... Maybe they all got smarter or CPR had the clamps down on them here.

Some of both perhaps.
Well, we're about to find out, I guess. NDSU's offense in the B12 will be interesting to watch unfold. It's going to be different seeing a pro-set. In fact with the coaching changes around the league, all four will be much more 'conservative' than before. Les was fired by LSU because he wouldn't leave Schembechler's Michigan offense. No one was as pass-happy as TxT's Kliff. And Dana's in Houston now. The league's going to change a bunch on that side of the ball.

Help Support Us

Become a patron