Criticism of LeBron at Son's Game

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Go crazy, but stay off the court. Even before/after the game and during breaks. That is the time for the ball-boys to shoot around. in other words, don't act like a ball-boy!

Of course, King James has pretty much earned the right to do whatever he wants around a basketball court that he may have literally paid for.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Look at it like you would look at every other parent. If some parent were running in the court high fiving kids during a game. It would piss me off. Glad he is there to support his kid but chill out and be sportsman like.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Hopefully some of the HS kids start talking **** to Lebron from the court. Like if you want to get on the court during the game, I'm going to tell you your wife tastes like Fruit Loops.

• Funny
Reactions: BLHawk

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
There's being proud of your son and then there is acting like a clown. The line isn't even a fine line, it's a big thick line between the two.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I thought he acted like a clown...what if every dad did that after every dunk? That said, my kids (girls) can't dunk so I don't GAF.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
What's somewhat interesting is I read an article the other day basically saying Bronny has a ways to go as a player. He's going to have hype around him no matter what, but I'm not sure any of this is helping tone down the hype machine.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Hopefully some of the HS kids start talking **** to Lebron from the court. Like if you want to get on the court during the game, I'm going to tell you your wife tastes like Fruit Loops.
Is that not a compliment?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
File next to morons upset last week that Tom Brady is being an active parent encouraging his kids to enjoy an active outdoor life.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Actually, some kid needs to tell his roid ass to have a seat. That is the content we deserve.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Yeah, so? My 12 year old self would have been so mad if Michael Jordan celebrated with my team.......

This feels like Lebron haters using it as a ****** excuse to be dicks.

You can look back. I have been anything but a Lebron hater.

He acted like a clown. Period.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
It’s slightly less embarrassing than his profane speech at the Cavaliers’ championship parade. And all his flopping.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
Ya'll need to relax a bit. If I have the facts straight here:
A) This was an AAU game. These are slightly more organized than pick up ball.
B) His son wasn't even on the court. He was celebrating the other kids that made the play.

Yeah, he could stay off the court, but given the context, who cares?

Blackhawk6515

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 21, 2008
I was at many of my daughters high school soccer games where i was embarrassed by some of the players parents. But, it was because they were yelling derogatory comments at the officials, coaches and the kids. I would rather put up with LeBron celebrating someones else's kid than some of the antics i saw from parents.

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
Ya'll need to relax a bit. If I have the facts straight here:
A) This was an AAU game. These are slightly more organized than pick up ball.
B) His son wasn't even on the court. He was celebrating the other kids that made the play.

Yeah, he could stay off the court, but given the context, who cares?

A) Even if it was a pick up game at the playground it would be annoying to have a parent running onto the court during play.
B) That makes it almost more annoying. If it was acceptable, why not have 10, 20, or 40 dads run onto the court when they get excited about a play that their kid didn't even make.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I was at many of my daughters high school soccer games where i was embarrassed by some of the players parents. But, it was because they were yelling derogatory comments at the officials, coaches and the kids. I would rather put up with LeBron celebrating someones else's kid than some of the antics i saw from parents.
How many of them ran on the court/pitch/field during games?

What I see you say above is that what he is doing isn't right either, but you prefer this wrong action to what you have seen out of other parents. But it is still wrong.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
A) Even if it was a pick up game at the playground it would be annoying to have a parent running onto the court during play.
B) That makes it almost more annoying. If it was acceptable, why not have 10, 20, or 40 dads run onto the court when they get excited about a play that their kid didn't even make.
There's not 40 Lebron James. Wait...are there 40 Lebron James? No, that's crazy talk. But maybe.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
There's not 40 Lebron James'. Wait...are there 40 Lebron James'? No, that's crazy talk. But maybe.
The problem here is that too many people think that because he is Lebron James none of the rules or common courtesies apply. And then they label other people haters when they say that he should follow the rules just like everyone else.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
The problem here is that too many people think that because he is Lebron James none of the rules or common courtesies apply. And then they label other people haters when they say that he should follow the rules just like everyone else.
I think everyone agrees that he shouldn't have been on the court.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron