Criticism of LeBron at Son's Game

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
This has become quite the hot topic on Twitter. As LeBron's son, Bronny, starts playing on the AAU circuit some have become critical of LeBron's antics on the sideline, dunking in the layup line, etc. This clip has seemed to garner the most criticism:

In my mind, it's hard to criticize someone who is supporting his kid. Running onto the court is maybe a bit much, but hey, he's pumped for his kid.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Yeah I don't know really what I think. I don't think its harmful but I don't see the point of him doing it either....either way there really isn't any harm here and if his son had an issue with it then that's between them. Other than that...everyone should just forget about it if they have an issue

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
This has become quite the hot topic on Twitter. As LeBron's son, Bronny, starts playing on the AAU circuit some have become critical of LeBron's antics on the sideline, dunking in the layup line, etc. This clip has seemed to garner the most criticism:

In my mind, it's hard to criticize someone who is supporting his kid. Running onto the court is maybe a bit much, but hey, he's pumped for his kid.

I love that LeBron is overjoyed and proud of his son. It's something that LeBron never got to have as a child growing up. It's also not like he was on the floor arguing with a ref and causing a negative scene.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
He's excited for his kid. I love that!
However, he should be a little more cautious about WHERE he celebrates...on the court, out to the free throw line is a bit much. Only one foot over the line, LeBron!

• Creative
Reactions: CTTB78

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
People are freaking out at Lebron for supporting his sons team. (Bronny wasn't even playing when that play happened) and then Matt Barnes does **** like this at a 10 year old game and noone bats an eye. (I know.. It's matt barnes.. but still just showing the difference of outrage)

If my dad ran out on the court like that when I had a dunk in a game, I'd be so embarrassed. And tell him never to do it again lol. But it seems all these kids love Lebron being around and enjoy celebrating with him. Hell there was even a TMZ guy who's son played against Bronny's team and Lebron came up to him after the game and said "I hope I'm still playing when you make it to the league". Be annoyed by the celebrating if you want, but criticizing or bashing him for this is just dumb imo

Last edited:

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
I love that LeBron is overjoyed and proud of his son. It's something that LeBron never got to have as a child growing up. It's also not like he was on the floor arguing with a ref and causing a negative scene.

This is absolutely correct. The only way that this is negative is if he is yelling at his kid (or teammates), coaches, or refs. The kids and everyone there is just fine with him putting on a show in the layup line, the kids were probably asking him to do so.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
This is absolutely correct. The only way that this is negative is if he is yelling at his kid (or teammates), coaches, or refs. The kids and everyone there is just fine with him putting on a show in the layup line, the kids were probably asking him to do so.
I might have a different opinion if some random dad was doing a layup line with his kid's team.. When it's LeBron I don't care at all.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I'm not a big Lebron fan, but I actually think it is really cool. With all the distractions that Lebron has, he could be anywhere but he is choosing to share in this experience with his son. During the NBA season, I'm sure he misses a lot of things that we all take for granted so the fact he is doing this during the off season is great.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyientist

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It’s not my style. But who cares?

LeBron takes a lot of **** but it sure appears he is a good, involved dad. And he’s never been in any sort of trouble in all of these years.

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
Just stay off the court. Everything does not have to be about him.

In my opinion, it's as simple as that. Enjoy your son, be proud. Stay off the court.

Couldn't agree more. I mean, look at the some of the crazy bench celebrations by teams (mainly in college). They're able to keep themselves off the court...

It is possible to be proud and excited and not interrupt the game.

Reactions: CTTB78

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
It's all fun and games until he loses a shoe on the court!

But for real, the sideline antics and celebration and whatnot is totally kosher, so long as it's not a negative... Just keep it off the court, there's a game going on. Be respectful of the other people also attending.

Help Support Us

Become a patron