Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Msn had a survey that 60% of employees are more motivated by recognition than money. I guess im in the 40%.
There's a study that says after someone makes more than around 75k other factors than money become more important to job satisfaction

• Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
There's a study that says after someone makes more than around 75k other factors than money become more important to job satisfaction

I don’t have a desire for recognition, never have. I always preferred jobs where I was given projects and just turned loose.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
It's been 2 months since my injury. I'm partial weight bearing now. I'm suppose to be in a boot with 2 crutches according to my PT. At home I'm just using 1 crutch and no boot. I'm not having any pain while doing that or a bad limp.

In 2 weeks I should be cleared to walk without any crutches. It's been a terrible 2 months but it looks like I'm about to be normal pretty soon. Very humbling to not being able to do simple things with an injury like this. Hopefully none of you guys reading have to ever experience something like this.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It's been 2 months since my injury. I'm partial weight bearing now. I'm suppose to be in a boot with 2 crutches. At home I'm just using 1 crutch and no boot. I'm not having any pain while doing that.

In 2 weeks I should be cleared to walk without any crutches. It's been a terrible 2 months but it looks like I'm about to be normal pretty soon. Very humbling to not being able to do simple things with an injury like this. Hopefully none of you guys reading have to ever experience something like this.

Glad the recovery is coming along. I had most of my Achilles cut while in college so was crunching around ISU for a couple months. Good luck on the continued improvement.

• Friendly
Reactions: Cy$

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Glad the recovery is coming along. I had most of my Achilles cut while in college so was crunching around ISU for a couple months. Good luck on the continued improvement.
Yikes! How long were you out with that?

I talked to someone at work that had the same injury in that his achilles was hanging on by a thread. He had surgery to repair it and won't be able to run for 3-6 months. He's in a knee brace now and walking at least.

I can't imagine being at school with that injury. I'd probably have to take a semester off.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yikes! How long were you out with that?

I talked to someone at work that had the same injury in that his achilles was hanging on by a thread. He had surgery to repair it and won't be able to run for 3-6 months. He's in a knee brace now and walking at least.

I can't imagine being at school with that injury. I'd probably have to take a semester off.

They believe it was 60-70% cut. I was in a cast for a couple months and then PT for a good amount. No surgery. Was over 25 years ago so the details are not as crisp as they used to be. It wasn’t fun at ISU. I survived is about the best I can say.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
They believe it was 60-70% cut. I was in a cast for a couple months and then PT for a good amount. No surgery. Was over 25 years ago so the details are not as crisp as they used to be. It wasn’t fun at ISU. I survived is about the best I can say.
very lucky you didn't have to have surgery! I'm guessing I'll be doing PT for 2-3 more months or at least until I can do more than walk.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
very lucky you didn't have to have surgery! I'm guessing I'll be doing PT for 2-3 more months or at least until I can do more than walk.

Work hard on the PT, I still don’t fully walk normal since I didn’t work it as hard as I should have. My son tore his ACL almost two years ago and he is walking fine since he had a great PT person.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Out in California this weekend?
Yea there's something we're doing over the weekend. I could've stayed home until tomorrow but I figured I'll do something else for the 4th than Dallas.

Did a boozey dinner cruise for the San Diego fireworks which is the largest or second largest in the country usually.

Reactions: NWICY

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Another massive storm coming. I should have just bought $300 in raffle tickets and just stayed home. It would have been cheaper in the long run

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Holy **** I have no concept of time haha
I'm 4 11ish. I swear she's up to my elbow already. The scary part is that she's still petite and small compared to other kiddos!

We measured our feet yesterday and her foot is at the ball of my foot.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
It's been 2 months since my injury. I'm partial weight bearing now. I'm suppose to be in a boot with 2 crutches according to my PT. At home I'm just using 1 crutch and no boot. I'm not having any pain while doing that or a bad limp.

Thanks for the update! I saw your name go by on FB yesterday and was thinking about reaching out to you to see how things were going. I'm glad you're ahead of schedule...been there, done that, getting released from walking aids is the BEST!!!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I'd rather have the money but it would be nice on occasion to have someone say they appreciate the work on the weekends
My salary was tied to my job title, so the pay was preset and inflexible. The boss I had for the last seven years I worked was incapable of expressing appreciation. One year, she had a meeting with our department manager who told her that starting an annual employee eval with a positive comment was always the best way to start. So she said on my annual eval was that I was the most punctual employee she had ever had. Yay? I'm not sure how she knew this since she usually showed up at around 9.30-ish, took a couple hours for lunch, and left at 3.30-ish!

Status
Not open for further replies.