Game of Thrones Season 8

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I never thought that Varys could become the conscience of this thing.

Oh, I don't know - I mean, I get what you're saying, but he's the only one from Season 1(?) whose sole interest has been serving and protecting the Realm. Everyone else has been about serving a Baratheon or a Lannister or the North. Meanwhile, Varys' intent has been about serving for the good of everyone.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Oh, I don't know - I mean, I get what you're saying, but he's the only one from Season 1(?) whose sole interest has been serving and protecting the Realm. Everyone else has been about serving a Baratheon or a Lannister or the North. Meanwhile, Varys' intent has been about serving for the good of everyone.

Read that last sentence of yours again.
Early on, they played him like a spymaster who just protected the powerful. Now he's the guy talking about people and their needs.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
I mean, if Dany can’t figure out just to fly behind the boats and burn them, is she fit to sit the iron throne? And do they have giants on the boats to reload and restring the giant crossbows?

And how did Cersei have time to build a fleet of Dragon Killing boats, and completely re-arm King’s landing and Winterfell had time to dig a ditch?

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
This show really shifted to Stark favoritism. Dany is getting done dirty this season. She needs to burn that whole ************ down if she can get in there.

• Agree
Reactions: alarson

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
This show really shifted to Stark favoritism. Dany is getting done dirty this season. She needs to burn that whole ************ down if she can get in there.

Agree. Sansa and Arya pissed me off.

Danaerys has sacrificed a ton fighting alongside them (hell, if she had gone south first, the wall probably doesnt get knocked down and it takes longer for the night king to get south... she could have wrapped **** up and headed back north). But all she gets is undeserved hate from Sansa.

Oh, and this "Daenerys is the mad queen" thing comes off as really forced if that's the direction theyre going. She's angry but deservedly so. Theyre also acting like civiliians have come out ok in most of the other cities that have been conquered. Out of nowhere suddenly its a travesty if there is collateral damage. Varys can **** off if he's talking about 'whats good for the realm'. What is bad for the realm is Cersei remaining in power.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Tyrion is just routinely ******* up Dany’s quest for the throne at every turn. Dany should have stayed in Essos and let these pussies become a part of the undead army. I still think Arya has a big hand in Cercei’s demise but someone else (Assuming Tyrion) will take her out. I completely agree with the forcing of mad queen. It’s a bunch of ******** imo.

• Agree
Reactions: ThatllDoCy

clone34

Mar 29, 2009
So Dany and Jon want to kill Cersi without hurting any citizens. I wonder if they have a stealthy facechanging assassin on their side. I guess everyone just forgot Arya. Is it just me or did they just butcher this final season. They had 500 and some days and this is the script that ends it all???

Am I the only person that thinks this season has been a let down? Just an out of place timeline and rushing certain items while focusing on other things too long.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010

Danaerys has sacrificed a ton fighting alongside them (hell, if she had gone south first, the wall probably doesnt get knocked down and it takes longer for the night king to get south... she could have wrapped **** up and headed back north). But all she gets is undeserved hate from Sansa.

Oh, and this "Daenerys is the mad queen" thing comes off as really forced if that's the direction theyre going. She's angry but deservedly so. Theyre also acting like civiliians have come out ok in most of the other cities that have been conquered. Out of nowhere suddenly its a travesty if there is collateral damage. Varys can **** off if he's talking about 'whats good for the realm'. What is bad for the realm is Cersei remaining in power.

And if there weren't a viable alternative to Dany, he would still be behind her. But there is an alternative, and one who seems to be much more fit for the job. Dany is an improvement over Cersei, but it's become increasingly clear that she isn't as fit to rule as she once seemed.

As for Arya and Sansa, it's less that they *hate* her and more that they don't trust her. Yes, she fought alongside them against the WW. But she didn't do that until she had proof they were real, at which point of course she was going to march north because the WW were the more imminent threat. Acting pragmatically out of self preservation is not something you would expect to get credit for when demanding fealty from people who have been consistently burned by southern rulers (And even if Dany isn't technically from the south, she's a Targaryen. Hardly a fact that garners a lot of trust among northerners.)

Missandei's death is the point of no return for Dany. She's shown flashes of the madness her father was infamous for over the years, and now she's going to just let it fly, to hell with any checks on her worst impulses.

Last edited:

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid

Lot's of clues along the way in earlier seasons that she was not going to be an effective ruler.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Tyrion is just routinely ******* up Dany’s quest for the throne at every turn. Dany should have stayed in Essos and let these pussies become a part of the undead army. I still think Arya has a big hand in Cercei’s demise but someone else (Assuming Tyrion) will take her out. I completely agree with the forcing of mad queen. It’s a bunch of ******** imo.

I still think Jaime is the one who takes out Cersei. He said he was hateful, but he didn't say who or what he hated. I think he's taken a hard look in the mirror and is ashamed of what he's done for Cersei, and he's not on his way to Kings Landing to be with her. He's on his way to kill her. I think he ultimately dies, but not before he kills her.

Edit: I should rephrase. Maybe he's not on his way to kill her right now, but the groundwork has been laid for him to do it. I could see him currently feeling like this is just who he is, but then something happens and it's the final straw.

I just can't see them throwing away years of outstanding character development just to have him go back to square one, for good, with two episodes to go.

Last edited:

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
And if there weren't a viable alternative to Dany, he would still be behind her. But there is an alternative, and one who seems to be much more fit for the job. Dany is an improvement over Cersei, but it's become increasingly clear that she isn't as fit to rule as she once seemed.

As for Arya and Sansa, it's less that they *hate* her and more that they don't trust her. Yes, she fought alongside them against the WW. But she didn't do that until she had proof they were real, at which point of course she was going to march north because the WW were the more imminent threat. Acting pragmatically out of self preservation is not something you would expect to get credit for when demanding fealty from people who have been consistently burned by southern rulers (And even if Dany isn't technically from the south, she's a Targaryen. Hardly a fact that garners a lot of trust among northerners.)

Missandei's death is the point of no return for Dany. She's shown flashes of the madness her father was infamous for over the years, and now she's going to just let it fly, to hell with any checks on her worst impulses.
She not only let Jorah go North with Jon but flew her dragons over to save them all before she had “proof” they existed so...

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron