RECRUITING: Tyrese Haliburton commits

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
Another excellent addition. Tall guard that can pass the ball. Welcome to ISU Tyrese. May be the next episode in our history of all conference guards. Looking forward to watching Lindell and Tyrese trying to one-up each other in assists. This will to be fun to watch.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I don't see a problem with LW, Haliburton, and Harris playing at the same time. Halliburton can guard a traditional 3 and LW a 2. Having 2 and 3 guys on the court with PG skills is a coach's dream.

I agree with the assessment. Afterall ISU went with Morris (PG) Naz (combo) and Thomas (SG) on the perimeter last year. In 2 years Harris (PG), Wiggintion (SG) and Haliburton/Lewis (SG/SF) could be the next threesome.
Honestly though I don't know if we should be concerned with time, as much as I like Haliburton's commitment and future as a cyclone, he has some work to refining his game before he contributes major minutes especially with his shooting (which is improving). I looking for him to contribute a lot like Naz or Nick Babb and backup as Fresh/Soph and bigger role as Junior/Senior. There is a reason TH is a high three star and not a 4 at this point. Not a knock just my expectations fully hope he exceeds them.

Harris and Wigginton are much more polished and will be contributing as freshman. Wigginton obviously starting and Harris getting 20 minutes. But before we focused on potential rosters Harris needs to commit and Wigginton could be pro in 3 years opening up opportunities for minutes.

• Agree
Reactions: Big_Sill

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Welcome aboard. I didn't realize he was a PG, thought he was more of a wing shooter.

I love the idea of Wiggington or Haliburton running the point with a bunch of 6'5" to 6'7" guys on the wings with a single big that can run. Jay Billas will be beside himself with our length.

I initially thought Harris was a must, but if we get THT and Conditt to finish this class, I'll be over the moon.

I'd still love to get Harris. We're so used to a PG who can beat his man off the dribble and make the right pass which I think he can absolutely do. We've been so spoiled with Monte for 4 years it's gonna be tough to transition.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
So is he expected to be primarily a PG? Not at all saying he'll be the #2 pick overall so don't twist my words, but at 6'6 I'm imagining a Lonzo Ball type of player

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I'd still love to get Harris. We're so used to a PG who can beat his man off the dribble and make the right pass which I think he can absolutely do. We've been so spoiled with Monte for 4 years it's gonna be tough to transition.
I agree about Monte. For 4 years we've been able to take for granted that our point guard did not turn the ball over. If he did I always thought, "That's weird." If it happened twice in a game I wondered if something was wrong.

Reactions: CloneZone13

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
source.gif

Reactions: CyJeans

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
To help frame Haliburton's and the coaching staff's comments about him coming in as a PG, it is not a stretch at all. His physical frame and current skill set does seem to be prototypical NBA point guard. Granted he's still not out of high school, so if he does continue to grow (and add weight), he'll be refining his wing/SG game more in the next 4 years while Prohm stocks the roster with some PGs next few recruiting cycles.

In short, let's not be blinded by our 4 years of Monte. I will gladly take another Monte for 4 years, but his size/style isn't the only way.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Love the guys the staff is targeting and landing this year. Very versatile players who can play multiple positions.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Great news!
Can't wait to see how this class pans out. Should be one of the best ever considering how many scholarships we have to give.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006

I think Harris will actually be better at dribble penetration due to his size and athleticism; not enough footage re: his passing abilities. Of course, it's going to be difficult to beat Monte's ability to protect the ball and manage an offense.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Why are we still giving reasons/opinions that we would like to have both Harris and Halliburton? I think everyone has already stated or established that. Different games, 3star vs. 4 star, etc.
I thought the real question was whether Harris was high on us anymore?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron