RECRUITING: Tyrese Haliburton commits

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Your posts come across as complete panic to me. So that's why I accuse you of panicking. You ask questions that it is clear that no one has an answer for. If there id good news, I can be confident you'll be on here asking questions to try and prove it's really bad news.

Refer to your own post....After you insinuated people were panicking and assuming things from one silly non reputable source's post , Poster A (can't remember who it was) replied to you immediately that Halstead's site actually did report(in his words) "not good news" on Harris. Refer back to your own post, please. Yet you say we're asking questions that no one has an answer for? We were inquiring, that's all, once we saw that. I never created bad news on anything. Multiple posters on here often say "spill the beans" to others. Halliburton and Zion are good news, so is pursuing (we think) Conditt, Tucker, and maybe still Harris.

I get it, tho. Pay for the darn site. Problem solved.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
If the staff lands Griffin, Haliburton, Conditt and Horton-Tucker. I would not care one bit about not landing Harris.

That would be a great class no doubt.
I still feel Harris should be the number one priority. The staff has put a lot of time into his recruitment and his style of play would fit perfectly in ISU's system (not to mention be fun for fans to watch in Hilton).

Harris is still my #1 want and would be disappointed to see him in another jersey. Not that Prohm wouldn't find another quality PG but we do lose D-Jax after this year and the pressure will be on to find PG to have with LW.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I still feel Harris should be the number one priority. The staff has put a lot of time into his recruitment and his style of play would fit perfectly in ISU's system (not to mention be fun for fans to watch in Hilton).

Harris is still my #1 want and would be disappointed to see him in another jersey. Not that Prohm wouldn't find another quality PG but we do lose D-Jax after this year and the pressure will be on to find PG to have with LW.
I'm right here with ya

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006

I want Harris more than anyone else at the moment. I think he will be a difference maker as not many will be able to stay in front of him when he drives, especially having to play him tightly because of his outside shot. Prohm is good at utilizing mismatches.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009

They just got a PG to play with Wigginton.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'm probably mistaken but it seemed like when everyone was sure we'd get Harris, s lot of people were very concerned he was too short.

• Agree
Reactions: rholtgraves

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I'm probably mistaken but it seemed like when everyone was sure we'd get Harris, s lot of people were very concerned he was too short.

Still think that is a concern. He needs to get much stronger I think before he can really contribute in a major conference. And he also is still learning to be an all around PG as opposed to just a scoring one. If you look at other really good scoring short guys, they usually are pretty strong like Thomas, Mason. Harris probably weighs less than 150. That being said, I think he has a lot of upside because of his athleticism and speed and shooting ability. He could be a dynamic scorer.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
They just got a PG to play with Wigginton.

Expecting Haliburton to play major contributing minutes as a freshman seems fairly optimistic. Tyler Harris is more ready as a player to play as a freshman thus the difference in ranking. Not a knock against Haliburton as I feel he will be a very good player once he refines his game just where each is in their current development from the highlights and games I have seen.
Tyrese is much more of a combo guard at this point where Tyler is a true PG. Also Tyler's 3 pt shot is ready for the B12 which is something that would help the offensive spacing.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Expecting Haliburton to play major contributing minutes as a freshman seems fairly optimistic. Tyler Harris is more ready as a player to play as a freshman thus the difference in ranking. Not a knock against Haliburton as I feel he will be a very good player once he refines his game just where each is in their current development from the highlights and games I have seen.
Tyrese is much more of a combo guard at this point where Tyler is a true PG. Also Tyler's 3 pt shot is ready for the B12 which is something that would help the offensive spacing.

I disagree. One thing about Haliburton is his size allows him to contribute right away off the ball and he is a really good passer. Harris can only play PG and he is really a scoring guard that is a PG because of his height.

Reactions: VJD235

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009

Also don't think they will need Haliburton to play major minutes. I think if he plays 8 minutes a game that would be fine. They will have Wigginton, Babb, Lewis, Shayok, Lard, Young, Jacobson and Talley all getting minutes. You really just need some spot minutes from Haliburton.

Reactions: isutrevman