RECRUITING: Tyrese Haliburton commits

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I will be very upset if we took Haliburton over Harris. Not that I don't think Haliburton is a good player, I just reeeaalllly want Tyler Harris and didn't think their commitments had anything to do with each other until yesterday.

Especially since Wigginton is going to be one and done lottery pick

• Optimistic
Reactions: srjclone

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
The Harris situation is exactly the type of Scooby Doo mystery that CF needs right now.

And why can't we simply ask about it, discuss it, or want more info from other posters who are 'hinting' stuff? Why do other fans have to equate that to panicking or questioning the staff? Gosh, everyone makes it sound like every message has a hidden agenda behind it. I just like recruiting info.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
And why can't we simply ask about it, discuss it, or want more info from other posters who are 'hinting' stuff? Why do other fans have to equate that to panicking or questioning the staff? Gosh, everyone makes it sound like every message has a hidden agenda behind it. I just like recruiting info.

If you like recruiting info I strongly urge you to sign up at 247. Alex is definitely on top of things.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I wonder if with Harris it is an outside influence situation. Maybe someone is pushing him to go a different way. In late July he said he would make a decision by early September and the only two schools he knew he would visit were ISU and Colorado St. Yet no decision, and no word for him on what he plans on doing regarding a decision and if he is visiting anyone else.

I also wonder what is going on with Phillips as he was supposed to visit over the weekend and there is nothing about how his visit went.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
cue the Fat Chris Pratt gif

Not sure if anyone ever posted it, so here we go:
giphy.gif

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
With THarris it's not about getting Halliburton instead of Harris..Prohm has said for long while now that they want 2 guards and 2 forwards in this class..Prohm loves combo guards and puts them in the NBA..

One things is clear..Halliburton all in on being a cyclone..

Are we reading between the lines yet?

Reactions: LLCoolCY

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
With THarris it's not about getting Halliburton instead of Harris..Prohm has said for long while now that they want 2 guards and 2 forwards in this class..Prohm loves combo guards and puts them in the NBA..

One things is clear..Halliburton all in on being a cyclone..

Are we reading between the lines yet?
Obviously, THarris is NOT "all-in" or he would have committed. At least that's what I am reading between the lines (but I also need bifocals, so I could be off).

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

Your posts come across as complete panic to me. So that's why I accuse you of panicking. You ask questions that it is clear that no one has an answer for. If there id good news, I can be confident you'll be on here asking questions to try and prove it's really bad news.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

Join 247 and you can find out. Not that big of a mystery.

• Disagree
Reactions: isufbcurt

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
So is he expected to be primarily a PG? Not at all saying he'll be the #2 pick overall so don't twist my words, but at 6'6 I'm imagining a Lonzo Ball type of player

Interesting apparently the Staff is seeing the Lonzo Ball style in Tyrese's game.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...high-upside-rivals150-guard-tyrese-haliburton

"Haliburton said that the Cyclones coaches told him they saw some of former five-star and UCLA star Lonzo Ball in his game. Moving forward, he wants to focus on being great on the defensive side of the ball and beefing up his middle game.

“Defensively with my length I need to be a really good defender," said Haliburton. "I want to be a great defender, not just a good defender. My pull-up jumper could use some work, I primarily use a floater for my in between game so I could work on that for sure.”