Steam summer sale begins tonight at 6 PM (BST)

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
The discounts don't seem as big now as they did a couple years ago. This is easier that's for sure. I dunno, I liked the game of checking it everyday. The strategy would be don't buy anything unless it is on a flash sale, until the last day.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Anyone else having issues with the Steam store? I was hoping to scope out the deals before I get home tonight, but it's going SLOOOOOWWW or going to an error page.
A little slow for me too but manageable, I'm sure they're getting bombarded with hits at the moment.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Shadow of Mordor for $3.99 is a great deal if you haven't played it yet.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I haven't seen the list of games on sale, but for anyone who hasn't played it, Darkest Dungeon is totally worth a look, especially if it's cheap. pretty unique take on the dungeon crawler genre. Very macabre.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I haven't seen the list of games on sale, but for anyone who hasn't played it, Darkest Dungeon is totally worth a look, especially if it's cheap. pretty unique take on the dungeon crawler genre. Very macabre.

looks like it is on sale for $9.99. Totally worth a buy.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Anyone ever play Tyranny? I really liked Pillars of Eternity, and it's made by the same company.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
DAMN YOU RIMWORLD. Not on the Steam sale. I've picked out 4 games about $50, but I'm only saving about $18. I'll have to leave them in the cart for a while and think on it. A bunch of others toward the bottom of my wish list are on there, but those are mostly my emergency "I broke both legs and need something to do" games.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
DAMN YOU RIMWORLD. Not on the Steam sale. I've picked out 4 games about $50, but I'm only saving about $18. I'll have to leave them in the cart for a while and think on it. A bunch of others toward the bottom of my wish list are on there, but those are mostly my emergency "I broke both legs and need something to do" games.
It is only day one.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Good point. For some reason I was thinking everything came on at once.
Yeah sale is 2 weeks I think, the way it is now is that once you see a game on sale that's the lowest it'll be, no more waiting to see if a flash sale will make it even lower. At least that's my interpretation of it.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Yeah sale is 2 weeks I think, the way it is now is that once you see a game on sale that's the lowest it'll be, no more waiting to see if a flash sale will make it even lower. At least that's my interpretation of it.

Yeah, just read more about it, and checked, and all the games in my cart have prices good until July 5th, so I'll keep my powder dry for a couple days.

jbclone10

Apr 11, 2008
Denver, CO
I'll have my eye on this. I've yet to delve into the Hearts of Iron series, and I think I'd really like it, but have yet to pull the trigger. This seems like a good opportunity to get my foot in the door.

Highly recommend HOI4. The learning curve isn't as bad as previous versions and there are a load of tutorials online anyway.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
If we can't play games where cartoons bang each other then what are we really doing here?

Personally, I don't even understand the point of playing a game if it can't have cartoons banging each other. Like, why was that game even made if it doesn't have cartoons banging? John Madden and EA really ****** up.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron