Steam summer sale begins tonight at 6 PM (BST)

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I'll have my eye on this. I've yet to delve into the Hearts of Iron series, and I think I'd really like it, but have yet to pull the trigger. This seems like a good opportunity to get my foot in the door.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I'll have my eye on this. I've yet to delve into the Hearts of Iron series, and I think I'd really like it, but have yet to pull the trigger. This seems like a good opportunity to get my foot in the door.

I have all four, and really like them. I haven't had time to really get into IV to understand it's systems well (especially creating fronts and battle plans), so II is my favorite so far (or more specifically, the Darkest Hour mod, which is the total makeover of that one (it's a stand-alone that you can buy)).

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I usually use these sales to snatch up some games that drop to like $3 and then never play them.

• Winner
Reactions: ComCY

Cyowan008

Feb 27, 2014
Ankeny, IA
The only one right now on my radar is Civ 6 (not worth full price imo), but every now and then you find a gem of an indie game for like 4 bucks. I'll see what pops up but just got into Black Desert Online so that's kind of taking over.

L

LincolnWay187

Muh fellow nerds. Check out FTL, faster than light. Highly addicting and a fun challenge.

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
Steam Link on sale at Amazon for $15 for the Steam Summer Sale, pretty good price to mess with in-house streaming

Steam Link

Edit: amazon links show up weird now on this board.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclonepride

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
I think this will be the first one in a while I don't buy anything. Actively trying to work through my backlog of games over the summer before Destiny 2 comes out.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
I've thought about that, but I'm not sure if I'd use it or not.
I have one, it's nice. It actually works well outside of gaming too, if you want something from your computer on a tv. Almost like an HDMI extension cord to your computer.

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
Everything time there is a summer sale I tell myself, "No, I have X amount of game I still need to play"...but something the deals are just too damn good!

On of my biggest issues is with games that you can mod: Skyrim, Fallout 4. I spend more time messing around with the mods than playing the actual game.

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
Honestly the steam sales lately have been kinda boring. I miss the flash sales every day and stuff. Everything is known the first day