Steam summer sale begins tonight at 6 PM (BST)

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Personally, I don't even understand the point of playing a game if it can't have cartoons banging each other. Like, why was that game even made if it doesn't have cartoons banging? John Madden and EA really ****** up.
Who doesn't want to see Peyton and Eli getting down?

This is the Appalachian State forum, right?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
d00d you're only like 5 years late to the party.
True, but they have been updating it. I bought it like 3 years ago and then fired it up for the hell of it last year and they had made a fair amount of changes. It's worth revisiting if you haven't in a while.

Last edited:

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I picked up Tyranny on sale for $22. It's pretty cool. If you liked Pillars of Eternity, you'd like this. It's got an interesting hook. The premise is that the bad guys have already won, and you're one of them. Part of your character creation is choosing how the final battles of the conquest played out, and therefore how you're viewed by the different factions within the conquering force, as well as the people who were conquered. Did you negotiate a surrender, or did you smash them on the battlefield? Did you execute the losers, or did you enslave them? There are a bunch of different choices you have to make before the game even begins, that sort of set the stage for how things play out.

So, your job as one of the Evil Overlord's lieutenants is to basically deal with the aftermath of the conquest. I'm assuming there will be some sort of rebellion you can join if you wish, but I'm guessing you don't have to do it, if you don't want.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I picked up Tyranny on sale for $22. It's pretty cool. If you liked Pillars of Eternity, you'd like this. It's got an interesting hook. The premise is that the bad guys have already won, and you're one of them. Part of your character creation is choosing how the final battles of the conquest played out, and therefore how you're viewed by the different factions within the conquering force, as well as the people who were conquered. Did you negotiate a surrender, or did you smash them on the battlefield? Did you execute the losers, or did you enslave them? There are a bunch of different choices you have to make before the game even begins, that sort of set the stage for how things play out.

So, your job as one of the Evil Overlord's lieutenants is to basically deal with the aftermath of the conquest. I'm assuming there will be some sort of rebellion you can join if you wish, but I'm guessing you don't have to do it, if you don't want.

I liked Pillars of Eternity, but as the difficulty ramped up, I had a lot of trouble sorting out what to do in combat. I've tried it twice (second time from scratch) and stopped in about the same place both times.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
My first play through on Rimworld (permadeath), and I was doing "okay" until an unfortunate series of events doomed my colony of four:

Colonist #1 died when I decided to see what caravans were like. Sent him out, got ambushed and hurt pretty bad. Since he was not too far away, I had him head back. Died of infection on the way.

Colonist #2 died pretty suddenly of an illness.

Then the mad animal attack happened (Boomrat). I figured he would explode when shot, but unfortunately I could not get both my colonists inside. My colonist who was previously slowed by some malady or the other was attacked, and since she would clearly get killed by the rat without my intervention, I sent my other guy out with a rifle and tried to kill it before it killed her. He did, but it exploded, severely injuring Colonist #3 and setting my dog on fire. While I was rescuing Colonist #3 and putting her in a medical bed, my dog ran around burning until finally dying right up next to my base. Colonist #3 died of her injuries as the base burned around her, and Colonist #4 was severely burned fighting the fire. He did eventually put it out, but without the ability to self-medicate, he died soon after.