Hawkeyes Basketball

siklon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 11, 2010
Minneapolis
He does the little things that don't show up in the box score.

You mean like eye pokes and ogre mating calls?

attachment.php

Attachments

• crazywoodbury640.jpg
    crazywoodbury640.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 293

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
What I will never understand about Woodbury is that when he gets the offensive rebound down low, his absolute FIRST option is to pass it back out rather than going straight up with it and at least drawing a foul. For someone over 7 foot, and usually the tallest player on the floor, that is just weak as hell. Now, we all have seen and know that he misses a lot of bunnies, but still....at least try and help your team out by drawing fouls on the opponent's bigs.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
If his teammates could make an entry pass, he might have the confidence to use some of his offense. What happened to him hitting the 15-footer? His offense was never great, but now it is completely gone. They're way too reliant on outside shooting. Teams are basically not guarding him and chasing/chucking Jok instead.

He's never had any offense. He sucks with his back to the basket, and when he tries using a drop step he just shoves the ball up from his shoulder, which is why he's 7'0 and regularly gets his shots blocked by guys 6'5. The only thing he has is a mediocre, at best 'decent', 7-10 foot jumper. That's it. It's like we're playing 4 on 5 against the other team when we have the ball.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He's never had any offense. He sucks with his back to the basket, and when he tries using a drop step he just shoves the ball up from his shoulder, which is why he's 7'0 and regularly gets his shots blocked by guys 6'5. The only thing he has is a mediocre, at best 'decent', 7-10 foot jumper. That's it. It's like we're playing 4 on 5 against the other team when we have the ball.

So he's not better than McKay anymore?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
You mean like eye pokes and ogre mating calls?

attachment.php

Anyone else picture Woodbury and Gesell's relationship like this:

1uViu4i.gif

Just marching along through the Ped mall in IC...

I honestly don't know which one is which tho...

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Anyone else picture Woodbury and Gesell's relationship like this:

1uViu4i.gif

Just marching along through the Ped mall in IC...

I honestly don't know which one is which tho...

On second thought, maybe that's not Woody and Mike.

Maybe that's Uthoff and his fiance.

And in that case, I definitely know which one is which.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
He does the little things that don't show up in the box score.

Well there was the rebound on the FT where he fell out of bounds with no one around him. Is that what you were talking about? Cause I can't think of much else he does.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Well there was the rebound on the FT where he fell out of bounds with no one around him. Is that what you were talking about? Cause I can't think of much else he does.

Come on, he directs his team on defense so someone can throw the in bounds off his *** and score an easy layup +1. Hard to capture that value in a box score.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

That actually counts in the box score...

as a turnover.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron