Is Texas Tech in Lubbock a trap game?

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
I'd be more worried if it was a Tuesday night at 8pm (like the weekday game ISU lost there 2 years ago) but since it's a Saturday afternoon game I'm not too worried.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Keep in mind that we didn't have McKay against some of the zones we have faced earlier in the year...Tech will have to collapse in some when McKay is working, allowing the perimeter to open up. Take care of business here and then get ready for the Horns.

bigdaddykane

Mar 3, 2014
Is this a trap game for.us Saturday? After two hard fought victories at home & Texas coming in for.Big Monday next week it would be easy to lose focus. I know Tech is.winless in the league.but are they that bad? They play at Okie St tonite which should be another loss. I'm not sure what to make of this game Saturday.
This loss is on you.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Couple of these games instead of giving the spyhole sign for made three they should just show a zero for another missed three.

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
The funny thing is that my friends who are Alabama, Kansas, Duke etc. fans all feel the exact same way. I always remind them... try being an Iowa State fan! At the end of the day, all teams lose ones they shouldn't ... I'm happy to be a Cyclone.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
Unfortunately I saw us losing this one. Well, at least i was very worried. My buddies thought I was crazy. I was really hoping I was wrong. This was the absolute definition of trap game.

andymhallman

Nov 28, 2012
Fairfield, Iowa
Some people are saying this is a mentally weak team. I don't think so, and my evidence is how this team has played in the final four or five minutes of their games. They've played well during that time. That wasn't true last year. In many road games, we played well until the final two minutes and then we fell apart.

This year, we fall apart to begin the game. I don't think this team underestimated Tech, because they played the same way against a ranked Baylor team. I think it has more to do with the style of defense we play. Guys just take possessions off because we employ that sag defense that is supposed to encourage the other team to take jump shots. Well God, any team can hit threes if you don't guard them. I'd like to see us mix up our defenses by sometimes pressing, sometimes not, sometimes playing zone, sometimes not. It would keep opposing offenses' on their toes about how to score on us.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Some people are saying this is a mentally weak team. I don't think so, and my evidence is how this team has played in the final four or five minutes of their games. They've played well during that time. That wasn't true last year. In many road games, we played well until the final two minutes and then we fell apart.

This year, we fall apart to begin the game. I don't think this team underestimated Tech, because they played the same way against a ranked Baylor team. I think it has more to do with the style of defense we play. Guys just take possessions off because we employ that sag defense that is supposed to encourage the other team to take jump shots. Well God, any team can hit threes if you don't guard them. I'd like to see us mix up our defenses by sometimes pressing, sometimes not, sometimes playing zone, sometimes not. It would keep opposing offenses' on their toes about how to score on us.
They should also play the first five minutes of the game.