Is Texas Tech in Lubbock a trap game?

exCYtement

Feb 28, 2011
Ames
I remember I talked to walk-on Austin McBeth at the gym right after Clyburn and Lucious's year about the toughest place to play in the Big 12, and he said it was Tech hands down. He said the team didn't even know what to do cause there was no energy or emotion so the team just came out flat and never recovered.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
attachment.php

Attachments

• its-a-trap_o_491986.jpg
    its-a-trap_o_491986.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 375

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Honestly, if I'm CFH, I'm treating this like a first and second round game in the NCAA Tournament and preaching it to the players that way.

Tell your boys to just dominate the **** out of Tech in the first half and we can coast the second half.

You can't talk a college kid into getting up for T. Tech like you can for an NCAA tournament game. You just can't.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I see a maturity level with this team that won't allow that to happen. They've learned a bit from the Maryland loss and the South Carolina loss. TT is not good, and if we play with any kind of intensity, it should be a 20 point win.

Let me get this straight.....Tech goes into Manhattan and plays KState, a team that made us go to the wire last night with every ounce of energy to pull out a win, and only loses to KState 58-51. But we're supposed to win by 20 in Lubbock? Not saying they're good, but these predictions always amaze me. Btw, Tech was tied with OKie State in Stillwater tonight with 4 min. left in the first half. It's still a big 12 road game Saturday and Tech will want the big upset. Just win baby!

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Only on CF will you find people who are more worried about Texas Tech than Kansas State. You gotta be kidding me.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Let me get this straight.....Tech goes into Manhattan and plays KState, a team that made us go to the wire last night with every ounce of energy to pull out a win, and only loses to KState 58-51. But we're supposed to win by 20 in Lubbock? Not saying they're good, but these predictions always amaze me. Btw, Tech was tied with OKie State in Stillwater tonight with 4 min. left in the first half. It's still a big 12 road game Saturday and Tech will want the big upset. Just win baby!

The intensity is admittedly the hard part, but they are on the opposite end of the spectrum offensively. If we execute and share the ball, yes, 20. If we come out flat and shoot jumpers, maybe 10. I do think it is a different mindset when your goal is a championship rather than just making the tournament.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
This Saturday is our 2nd easiest conference game, including TCU at home.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
This Saturday is our 2nd easiest conference game, including TCU at home.

Tech at home will also be easier.

This game on paper ranks 16th out of the 18 Big 12 games in terms of difficulty.

But we still have posters worried about losing it...

TurbulentEddie

Nov 16, 2012
Madison, WI
I was the at OSU-TTU game last night, the quick scouting report (and only worry) is that Tubby will go zone to throw off an offense. It worked against OSU for a few possessions, and Tech went on a run to tighten the game up towards halftime. I would guess Ford reminded his players how to play against zone at halftime because OSU blew out Tech in the second half. ISU hasn't played particularly great against zone defenses this season, but that OSU was able to break it pretty easily after getting used to seeing it, I don't think Tech's zone is going to cause that much trouble. All other aspects of the game should be no problem, Tech's offense and man-to-man defense was pretty bad.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I was the at OSU-TTU game last night, the quick scouting report (and only worry) is that Tubby will go zone to throw off an offense. It worked against OSU for a few possessions, and Tech went on a run to tighten the game up towards halftime. I would guess Ford reminded his players how to play against zone at halftime because OSU blew out Tech in the second half. ISU hasn't played particularly great against zone defenses this season, but that OSU was able to break it pretty easily after getting used to seeing it, I don't think Tech's zone is going to cause that much trouble. All other aspects of the game should be no problem, Tech's offense and man-to-man defense was pretty bad.

Understatement of the year so far.